Sunday, December 14, 2008

Coffee Anyone??


I was invited to the most incredible house the other day for Christmas coffee.  I felt I had stepped into a scene from a Christmas movie - the house was a cabin on the lake that had a charm like none other.  As you walked through the house, you got the sense that you had known these nice folks all your life.  In reality, I don’t know them as well as I would like, but between the warmth of the stone fireplace and the smell of Christmas flavors in the air, this was someplace I wanted to be.  I felt more comfortable there than I did in my own home.  You had the sense that you should take your shoes off, grab grandma’s quilt and read a book in front of the fire.  You know that feeling; we’ve all felt it, but I was “living” it at Jackie’s house.  Everywhere you looked, you knew you were reliving part of their past.  Jackie was a gracious host; allowing us ladies to all just ooh and aaah over everything and mingle around her house feeling all the while that we were getting to know her and husband Judd better.  I can’t think of anywhere I would have rather been.



“Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childhood days, recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth, and transport the traveler back to his own fireside and quiet home!”

                    Charles Dickens


“Lord, open our eyes to your little expressions of grace throughout this day. They are everywhere!”

Lee (on Twitter)

No comments: