Monday, June 15, 2009

DAY 15: My Butt Is So Sore.......




Monday, June 15 - Ellensburg, WA

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELLEN!  For your birthday today, we decided to stay in Ellensburg!  

It was a 435 mile day.......and my butt feels every 435 miles of it!  We said goodbye to Hungry Horse, Montana and hello to Washington state!  

Since we drove most of the day, not too much happened, however, we did get to see some beautiful scenery.  We saw Idaho for the first time for either of us, and were surprised and a little disappointed at what Washington state looked like......UNTIL......we got to Wanapum Lake in Vantage, Washington.  WHOA!  Imagine that you're driving through Amarillo (no offense to my friends in Amarillo!) for 2-3 boring hours of flat land with nothing on it and then you turn a corner and WHALAA.... you're in Colorado.  It was amazing....I didn't even see it coming....  And before I could close my mouth from the beauty we just saw, I was heading up, up, up a steep mountain that I bet we used 40 gallons of gas getting up......the "rig" stayed in 4th gear; then dropped to 3rd gear; then back up to 4th gear.......and continued doing this for what seemed like an hour.   I could hear the gas tank going, "gulp, gulp, gulp.....and my wallet going "chaaching...chaaching.."

We finally arrived at the campground and noticed that the shower door had come off the track somewhere between Montana and Washington, so my handyman hopped in the shower to fix it when his arm accidently turned the water on and drenched him.  I could hear him yelling, "Turn it off; turn it off" but I couldn't cause I was laughing so hard.  He promptly dried himself off and fixed a wonderful pasta dinner for us.  What a great guy, huh?!!

So here I am watching The Bacholerette and writing my Blog.  Tomorrow we're going to find Mt. St. Helens and see if we can witness any eruptions.........wish us luck!

4 comments:

NORMAN H said...

MOVING,

YOU ALL ARE REALLY MOVING WEST, HOWEVER, I GUESS YOU WON'T GO MUCH FURTHER WEST. SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT TIME. WE ARE BACK IN BRENHAM TONITE. WEATHER HERE IS ABOUT 90 DEGREES AND STILL HAVE A 30 MPH WIND. NOT BAD AT ALL.

LOVE

SUE AND NORM

LOVING YOUR BLOG

Anonymous said...

I am honored. You don't mention if Ellensburg is paradise on earth or not?? Ellen

Anonymous said...

hey Liz! I am sorry for not being in touch. I've been busy with end of semester paper and getting ready for a trip to Cincinnati. We are going to visit Mike's son (finally), his brother, stay in a hotel that has a view of the city, go out to eat a lot, walk alot, shop, got to a baseball game, etc. Can you tell I am excited! We love that city as it is where we met and we have not been back in a while. Anyway we leave tomorrow and come back Saturday. Sounds like you are having a great time. Thanks for sharing your trip.

Give Chuck our best. Keep safe.

We love you,

Margie

Anonymous said...

Quit laughing at the handyman or next time you can fix it yourself. ;0) Barry