Friday, June 26, 2009

DAY 26: We Are In.......Wait.......Where Are We????





Friday, June 26: I'm trying to remember where we are....

Oh ya, we're in Grants Pass, Oregon.  I was sure thinking we would be in the Redwoods of California tonight, but we decided at the last minute to stop early, do laundry and get some groceries in a decent sized town.  Well, when I say "decent sized town", I mean it has a Wal-Mart.  

Supper tonight was Wendy's across the street (remind me to tell you about working at Wendy's) and we successfully got all the laundry done at the laundromat!  I know, I know; I told you guys we had a Washer/Dryer on the RV, however, you may also recall that was the first time we had used it and I've got to tell ya, you can get a total of 4 of Chuck's underwear and 4 of Liz underwear and one kitchen towel in a load that takes forever to do.  So we decided to head to the laundromat at the RV park.   We met a cool guy in there named Dan who told us all the great places to ride the bike tomorrow at the Redwood National Forest in California.  Chuck asked him how long he had been traveling and he looked at us like we were from Mars and said, "Huh?  I live here."  Okkkaaayyyy.......Anyway, he was very nice and loaned us books on the area and all.  I watched where he called "home" so I would know where to return the books tomorrow and, well, ya, he lives here alright.....Check out the picture!

Anyway, we had a BEAUTIFUL drive down from Diamond Lake.....well.....that is, once we got headed in the right direction.  The first 30 minutes were in the opposite direction......Also, we saw this camper in front of us that was L-E-A-N-I-N-G really bad...it would round a corner, and we were laying bets it was going over...and then it would straighten up and then L-E-A-N way over again on the next corner; so we took a picture of it for the future insurance adjuster......BTW, the RV didn't fail today; not once; we gave it every opportunity and it never failed.  What's up with that????  Half of me is relieved and the other half is baffled.....

Thanks for reminding me about my job at Wendy's.  When I was 16, my dad had a feeling his youngest daughter (that's ME!) would never amount to anything, so he used reverse psychology on me and said things like "Oh, you'll never be able to find a job" or "You're too spoiled; you couldn't find a job if you wanted to!"......well, he knew his youngest pretty well and knew I would consider that a dare and everyone who knows me know I rarely ever turn down a dare. But back to the story; so I went to Wendy's and applied for a job.  Didn't really WANT the job, but had something to prove to Dad.  They gave me my uniform requirements (it resembled a nurses outfit) and a HUGE button that said, "Hot and Juicy".  Apparently, they had a sense of humor as that was their slogan back then.   My first day of work, I was so nervous.  They asked me to get some cups or something out of a lower stainless steel cabinet, and as I went to open the cabinet, I must have slid it too hard as it fell off the track and broke the manager's toe.  That was Day 1.  Things eventually got better as time went on, especially after the manager's toe pain eased and he allowed me to do something other than clean the baseboards.  He claimed it was a "promotion".  Really talked it up....said I would be "perfect" for it.....said it was the most sought after job at Wendy's.....yep, he promoted me to "Wendy"; cute little blue plaid dress and red pig tails standing on the corner waving people in.  You know Dad had to be proud as he drove by.......

Tomorrow we head to the Redlands....they say there's nothing like them....so we're charging up the camcorder; putting spare batteries in the purse for the camera and we have clean underwear.  We're ready.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Chuck and Liz-----I am laughing so hard right now I can hardly type!!!!!! Love the whole blog----Dan, laundry, and, especially your job at Wendy’s!!!! Glad the RV is behaving now!!!! Maybe, it was the altitude!!!!!
Love you guys, Bonnie
P.S. Did anyone of the many trying to figure out was is the problem say the word “Vaporlock”????

Anonymous said...

LOL
When I first saw the RV Pic, I thought to myself that L & C aren't kidding around when they stop for the night. They really go to town!

Ellen

Anonymous said...

This was really funny....I thought for a minute
you were going to forget about the clean
underwear...but I sighed a breath of relief
when you added it at the end....I know you
were raised with that habit and you didn't let
us down! Ha. Your blog is so interesting...do
you ever meet up with sour or mean people?
they are so interesting. thanks for sharing.
ant ellie

NORMAN H said...

HEY HEY,

GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU FOR A CHANGE. THAT'S A JOKE SON, WE LOVE THE WRITE UPS.

HARD TO BELEIVE YOU WERE THE REASON FOR WENDYS SUCCESS. GOOD JOB.

GOOD TO HEAR THE COACH MAY BE FIXED.

LOVE YOU ALL

SUE AND NORM

P.S. GOT GRASS CARP FOR THE LAKE TODAY.

KIU

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz,
Im really enjoying your vacation with you all. Seeing the pictures and going to YouTube.com to check your videos. When are you coming home?
Love Jeanette