Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day 9: Why Do They Call It Yellowstone?





Tuesday, June 9: Yellowstone National Park

Seriously, why do they call it Yellowstone?  I didn't see any yellow stones.  I saw a lot of white snow; I saw this big Buffalo that was brown and shedding, but nothing yellow.  However, I did see the most beautiful scenery I have ever experienced; looked like Heaven to me.  A cold Heaven. My pictures and description can't possibly tell you how beautiful it is here.  Just trust me; its surreal.  

Thanks to everyone who wished us well on the RV repairs.  We found out today that it was probably a loose connection which was causing the problem.  The batteries turned out okay and the service guy, Derick, said there were several loose wires that could have caused this to happen. He feels confident that this was more than likely the cause of the shut-down.  I would have preferred 100% confident, but I'll take "more than likely".  Chuck & I turned this over to God and know He will take care of us no matter what.  So, we're feelin' GOOD............and we have faith!

Hey, today we met two motorcycle dudes from Michigan.  Here's how it went down.  After we dropped the "rig" off at the repair shop, we headed out on the motorcycle to an awesome motorcyle road we've heard a lot about, Beartooth Pass.  We couldn't wait to ride this road as it guaranteed to have grizzly bears on it & make your "hair stand on end" and I couldn't wait to see Chuck's bald head do this.  Sooo, off we went.  Now, this was going to be one of those all day rides; this road was a good 125 miles away from Cody.  We were about 10 miles down the road when we ran into unbelievable fog where you couldn't see 5' in front of you.  I'm serious. Crazy, no good, very bad fog.  So we made the decision to turn around.  As we got back into Cody, we stopped to get gas (& Charlie some coffee) and ran into these two guys; one Harley and one Honda rider.   Anyway, they were probably in their 50's and had left their wives behind in Michigan & were having the time of their lives riding to Seattle on a 2 week vacation.  We talked with them for awhile; swapped stories and then headed out in different directions.  We decided to head into Yellowstone National Park (about 50 miles away).  As we arrived at the entrance to Yellowstone, Chuck's coffee started kicking in and we needed to make a pit stop.  Well, who do you think drove up while we were there?  Yep, the two dudes.  Crazy!  We swapped some more stories, oood and aaad over each others bikes (that's what bikers do) and headed out.  About an hour later, Chuck and I decided to stop and get a bite to eat in Yellowstone and who do you think walked in?  Yep, the two dudes again.  Now, normally I might think we were being stalked, but these guys were harmless.  Had lunch together, good conversation and hugged each other goodbye.   It was a good day.  A very good day.

Tomorrow?  Who knows........hope its as good as today!  (Check out my Buffalo picture!)

Also, we posted another YouTube video of our ride to Yellowstone & another one is on its way....go to:  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTGcGNklUjY

P.S.  I would like for Stacy, Scott, Brandon & Garrett to know we're thinking of them and keeping them in our prayers during this time.  Our hears hurt for you right now....

6 comments:

NORMAN H said...

HEY,
GREAT NEWS ON THE COACH. MOST PEOPLE DON'T HAVE THAT KIND OF GOOD LUCK.

SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT DAY.

LOVE

SUE AND NORM

KIC WLI

Anonymous said...

Thanks Liz, I'm glad your Rig is up and running...check this out: Call on me, and I'll answer you, and teach you great and mighty things you don't know. Jer 33:3 Happy trails!!

Israel

Anonymous said...

So enjoy reading about your adventures. Liz... you could write a book!!! Can't wait to read about today.

Carla

Anonymous said...

Hi Beautiful,and Chuck. I have been wondering....what part of your BOD gets coldest on a cold day on the Bike?? Do you see many Trikes up that way?? See any Bears?? I wonder...will it be as pretty scenery in the hot summer, or, does it never get that hot there?? I hope you enjoy the rest of the trip, and, be careful. LOVE YA BOTH. D.C. J.C.

Anonymous said...

Too cool!
Looks like you are having a great time!
Be safe!

Jack

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog!! Hello to Chuck and wish I were there with you!!

Chuck Hamilton