Monday, July 27, 2009

I'm Really Not A Peeping Tom.....I'm Paparazzi!!


Monday, July 27, 2009 

Ok, some of you who hear this may be a little "alarmed"; may be a little "nervous"; who knows, maybe you'll see the humor in it.  But all I can really tell you is, this is SO Liz.....so here we go.......

Last weekend, our neighbors' adult daughter, (I'll call her "Monica"....you know, to protect her identity), had come to the lake with her new boyfriend (we'll call him "Chandler").  This was the first boyfriend that "Monica" had ever brought to the lakehouse that we knew of and I also knew that "Monica's" mom, "Rachel" and dad, "Joey" (again......protecting the innocent) had not yet met this nice young man.  So, seeing as "Rachel" and "Joey" were in Seattle for the weekend and having never met their daughters' boyfriend, you can only imagine how excited Liz (heck, why don't we just go ahead and call me "Phoebe"!) was when she was able to meet "Chandler" first......

Still following the story so far??  Try to stay with me here........

Soooooooo.....once I met "Chandler", I couldn't wait to get home and text "Rachel" and let her know that her daughter "Monica's" boyfriend was HOT.  I knew she would be excited!  So, that's just what I did!  We texted back and forth a bit and I tried to describe "Chandler" to "Rachel", but I had only seen him for a total of 20 seconds and was having a hard time describing him to her.  So I came up with, what I thought, was a great idea.  I promptly texted her back and asked if she wanted me to get a picture of him.   She never answered me.  So I texted her again.......still, no answer.  Well, I pride myself in knowing "Rachel" pretty well and know that she has much higher morals than me and would never obligate herself by saying "yes" even though she really really wanted me to get a picture of him.   So I took it upon myself to get a picture of "Chandler".  But how could I do it without him knowing about it??  Hummm.... maybe its the PI in me, but I figured out real quickly just how I was going to do it!

I grabbed my new camera (remember this...it'll be important later) and headed outside.  Since it was 10:30 pm, I knew I couldn't use my flash, so I placed it on a fast speed and went between the houses.  They had the wood blinds open in the living room, every light in the house on and were playing darts.  Unfortunately, there were these pesty shrubs in my way which kept me from getting close enough to the house to get a good picture.  As I scoped out how best to get a picture of "Chandler", I determined I might be able to zoom in between the slats in the blinds to get the picture I was needing.  I tried and tried, but "Chandler" kept moving and without being able to use my flash, the pictures were just coming out blurry.   Errrrrrrrrr............

It was about this time, that "Chandler" and "Monica" turned and appeared to be looking my way.  I talked myself out of the fact that they could see me since I was outside and they were inside with the lights on.  There wasn't any way they could see me, right???  WRONG!  This is where the "new" camera issue comes in to play.  Yep, unbeknownst to me, evidently even with the flash off, my "new" camera still has a "RED" light that comes on when you take a picture.  I didn't know that......they kept seeing the "RED" light from the camera every time I took a picture, albeit, bad picture.  So, as I see "Monica" heading to the front door, I quickly, very quickly, come up with my game plan.  I promptly toss my camera into the bushes and take my flashlight out of my pocket.   Isn't that what you would do???  As I proceed to explain to "Monica" that I was simply out watching the fireworks from the Boyz In The Band's house (I'll save that for another Blog), I feel, as only a women to another women feels, that she's not completely buying what I'm selling.  But she's acting like she is........

In an attempt to make this long story a bit shorter, my pictures came out blurry (see attached); turns out "Monica" knew I was taking a picture of her and "Chandler"; and I got busted. Dang........I hate it when that happens!

Just another weekend at the lake............


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You’re the best neighbor!

Tiffany

Anonymous said...

Too bad you couldn't work your police badge into the mix somehow.

Ellen

Anonymous said...

First I'm glad you aren't my neighbor ;-)

Second I'm glad you are not with the CIA protecting us ;-)

Third bless your heart you didn't think this thru

Funny story--at one time it could have been me

Barry

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!! I can see the headlines now - "Crazy neighbor lady shot while taking pictures outside, at night, and without a camera!" (explanation - we said she was crazy)
Thanks for sharing this, you had to, gave me the greatest laugh!!!!

Mary Lee

Anonymous said...

dang blinds....I was looking forward to seeing a six pack of abs,
rippling shoulder muscles, etc. You left out the good part about
retreiving the camera later on....don't leave out significant details...
we want details....;like DETAILS. Ha. I did get a little nervous
when they came outside...would probably peed on myself. ha

take care and keep on blogging...this is better than "when the world
turns"...ha.
ant ellie

Anonymous said...

You are so funny …. I definitely think an “Erma Bombeck” book is in order!!!!

Ann

Anonymous said...

Liz, the P.I. *:>

Jacquetta

Anonymous said...

Lol, I got a good chuckle. That is similar to some spying I've tried to do in the past.
No hard feelings I hope. Hopefully they were both good sports about it. :) Donna

Anonymous said...

How is it that you haven't been arrested yet?
Jax

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz,
That's hillarious! When my daughter starts dating, I hope you live next door.
Ginge

Anonymous said...

YOU are killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Geez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She probably thinks the next door neighbor is a nut case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are still adorable.

Sherry

Anonymous said...

"Is this Liz? My papparazzi friend??"

Glenda