Friday, August 21, 2009

How Many Etheridge's Does It Take????









Friday, August 21, 2009

Take what, you ask......??

Last weekend, Chuck's younger brother, Doug, and his family were out to the lake for the weekend. You may recall, the last time we all got together in May, we had "The Flood". This time, the water stayed in the lake and we had a BEAUTIFUL weekend to spend playing in the water, horsing around on the jetski's, driving the Workhorse exploring creepy new paths in the woods and catching up on everyone's life. Super fun time!

But back to my question........How Many Etheridge's Does It Take..........

1) To fit on the tiny, tiny tube? The answer is 1. My nieces Tiffany (28) and Christy (25) both tried to get on the smallest tube EVER made to be pulled around the lake. They found out the hard way this was a bad idea. It was sure funny watching them discover this, though. Kinda reminded me of the time 4 years ago these two took the canoe out and got stuck in a swampy creek in some brush with snakes and water rats.....I won't go into detail, but I will say our neighbors are all still talking about it and its always a source of conversation when we're needing a good laugh.

2) To clean up the doggie diarrhea? Well, usually 1, but since Christy was about to "hurl" trying to clean it up alone (sorry Christy; I just had to mention this...), I'm going to have to say 2.

3) To teach Drivers Ed on the golf cart? This is easy; 1. Our two 2nd-nephews, Brandon (12) and Garrett (8), are both superb drivers! Their parents shouldn't have any problem letting them start driving the family car at 14. I'd let them drive me anywhere........well, almost anywhere........We had a blast exploring and making new paths in the woods on the Workhorse (golf cart). They drove us places that I didn't even know existed......

4) To wave down help when the boat died? Let's see; that would be 5. All five of us.......yep, the boat's battery died on the opposite side of the lake while fishing Sunday morning. We eventually floated over to a stranger's dock where we called for help and lined up, waving frantically. Eventually, help came in the form of Doug and Ray on the jetski with a new battery; that, by the way, didn't work either. Which leads me into my next question...

5) To maneuver the dead boat into the boat slip? 10. It would have been 11, but we couldn't wake Garrett up.

6) To get the splinter out of Garrett's foot from the stranger's dock while waving frantically? 4. Let's see, there was Scott, the surgeon aka his Dad; Liz, the nurse; Stacy, the comforter (also known as Mom) and Brandon, the distractor (the brother)...oh ya, I think Murphy and an Ipod Touch helped a little too!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE STILL SO PRETTY.

DON'T YOU EVER GET OLDER.

DID YOU KISS YOU MOM AND DAD FOR ME?

LOVE YOU ALWAYS.

ELLEN

Anonymous said...

I love getting your blog! Keep sending it!
Love ya,
Ginger

Anonymous said...

It only takes two special people to host such a fun family outing.....
Chuck and Liz. what great pictures....they will never forget the
fun times they had at your place. Bless you.
love to both
ant ellie

Anonymous said...

Thanks Liz, it's good to hear news from your end...beautiful pictures. The weather here in the Springs was about 90, but in spite of that pleasaant, been riding my bike olmost every dayl, so it's been great. Take care!!

Israel

Anonymous said...

Hey girl
Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed reading your antics! You have quite a way with words! I did look at your website, it is awesome, and I really enjoyed seeing all the photos. You are right... I did NOT recognize Eddie (aka James). I guess we would change some after 30 yrs tho huh?? I absolutley did not recognize you either!
I still promise to catch u up on my life sometime soon, but just not tonight. I still can't believe that novel I wrote ended up in cyber space somewhere.... drat!
Take care. It's almost Friday and I am so happy about that!!
Love ya,
Cherie