Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sallie, Larry and Jerry Jones.....All In One Day....


Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Geeezzzz, where to start......




Well first, as you could see by my last Blog, it's been raining, raining, raining............It's times like this, I like to reminisce about the moments we were all hanging out in what used to be the middle of the lake, praying for rain......googling "rain dances"......trying to jinx the gods into sending rain.....so we could get our boats out and stop having golf cart races out on the dry land that used to be called Lake Cypress Springs.  The dry land is long gone; the septic alarms are screaming from full tanks of rain water; and we are having to canoe to get to the mailbox........

But I digress; yesterday, as I was still in my PJ's doing yoga to my Wii Fit (quit laughing....I can hear you!), I get a call from our neighbor Steve doing what good neighbors do; checking to make sure I secured the jetski's and raised the boat lift due to the rising water.  Well, I hadn't.  So, deja vue to May, I'm in the same PJ's (pink with horseys on them), grabbing a jacket, ball cap and galoshes and heading to the boathouse in the pouring rain to secure everything.  As I'm trying to find the lock for the jetskis, here comes my good neighbor, Steve, to the rescue (check him out on the Harley).  Such a good guy, that Steve-o!!  Anyway, I digress again.  About the time he gets to our boathouse, I hear someone calling out from the backdoor of our City-Laker neighbor's house (that's our slang word for neighbors who live in the city but come to the lake on the weekends)....that is located between Steve's and our house.  Now, whats so unusual about this, is our City-Laker neighbors are in Colorado right now and there shouldn't be anyone at their house.  Hummmmmm......I know their house is For Sale right now (they put it up shortly after I was caught taking pictures of their daughter & her boyfriend through the window (see Blog from 7-27-09.....but they swear it didn't have anything to do with that...uhh huh....), but I just couldn't imagine in my wildest dreams a realtor showing houses on such a dreadful day.  Anyway, I can't hear what they're saying, so Steve asks them to repeat and all we can hear them say is, "Did you get the Cayman fixed yet" and "It's Sallie and Larry"....As I'm trying to process this in my weee little rain-soaked brain, it occurs to me that I only know one couple named Sallie and Larry and we only knew them for approximately 3 hours.

We had met a couple named Sallie and Larry while we were traveling this summer in Colorado Springs. They were staying at the same wonderful campground and we had the same type of motorhome; a Monaco Cayman.  Now, if you followed my Blog this past summer, you know we had a few, well.....what I'd like to call "hicups" with the motorhome on the trip.  Well, they had "hicups" with their Monaco that Chuck helped them with and we had issues with ours that they helped us with.  That's how we know Sallie and Larry.  And here they were in our next door neighbor's house with a realtor.  As strange as that all sounds, it wasn't totally a coincidence.  Sallie, who has been receiving my Blogs, checked out my website and saw pictures of where we live.  Finally, someone was actually checking out my website (www.LizEtheridge.com)!!!  She loved the look of the lake and told Larry if they ever made it to Texas, they were going to check out Lake Cypress Springs!  And here they were!!!  Unfortunately, they were here viewing beautiful Lake Cypress Springs at its very worst..........but they loved our neighbor's house! (Check out the picture of Sallie and Larry with their adorable pup, Buddy)

So, there you have it.   Isn't that amazing??  Isn't that crazy cool???  Isn't that just......just......the most unbelievable thing ever?????


And to top the day off of unbelievable stuff, I want to know what anonymous wiseguy mailed me a picture (obviously photoshopped) of Jerry Jones signed, "To Liz, hugs and kisses......Your Friend, Jerry Jones"????  I have it narrowed down to about 25 people.  CONFESS!  Everyone knows Jerry Sucks!  But that Blog is for another day.........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved your Sallie and Larry story.

Ann

Anonymous said...

1. Did they make an offer on the house?
2. I don't know photoshop!

Ellen

Anonymous said...

Love this blog! Where's the picture of you in your pink PJ's with Horseys on them? Reminds me of my sister Beth and I who like to stay in our jammies as long as we can on cold wet dreary days. We often get caught seen outside (in the city) in our jammies!

Cindy