Sunday, February 7, 2010

Decorating 101: "HALLWAY"

Sunday, February 7, 2010


Did you remember to put the lid down in the bathroom?  Thank you......thats a major pet peeve of mine....

This is is going to be quick and simple.....its just a Hallway afterall.   A couple years ago, I was cruisin' through a decorating magazine at the store waiting on Chuck to pick out his weekly snacks, when I came upon a picture of a wall of pictures that was like nothing I'd seen before.  I whipped out my camera phone and started taking pictures of the magazine spread.  Couldn't get it out of my mind; thought to myself;  "I can do this......"so, being the picture-whore (hope that didn't offend anyone!) that I am,  I opened up my trustee Mac and started going through pictures of family, close friends and neighbors.  Picked my favorites and then started figuring out my game-plan.

Here's how I did this:  Grabbed Chuck and headed to Lowe's.......he never turns down a trip to Lowe's.....picked up several large pieces of MDF wood (the thinnest I could find was 1/4 inch); had him cut them all the same dimensions; spray painted them black; resized and changed the color on all the pictures I had picked out to "Antique" so they were all the same size and tint; printed them off on "canvas" paper; Paper Mache'd them to the painted MDF wood; put a hook on the back and WHALLA...wall art that is too cool!  I love how this turned out and have had more compliments on this than anything....And how easy it is to do!  And the best part; CHEAP!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always loved that wall! Toooo Cooool!

Betty

Anonymous said...

Cute! Is that yours and Chuck's wedding picture? Let's have a bigger view!

Julie

Anonymous said...

That is such a great idea-----I just love it!!!! I have a similar ‘gallery’ in my hallway, but not the words and not all the same size or tint----I really like yours better. You needs to do a book, Liz, with all of your wonderful ideas, it would be a great seller.
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

"I apparently don't know how to post on your blog... but I did want to say
thanks for sharing all your decorating tips. I think I will try your picture
hallway in our new home... we close this Wed. Yeah!"

Stacy

Anonymous said...

Oh Liz - sooooooooo beautiful. You are so talented and smart. I love your wall and wonderful pictures. Very handsome picture of Chuck as a younger man!!! babies, you, etc,etc are so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaquetta

Anonymous said...

Very, very beautiful! If you hot glued that dress I'm going to be really impressed! How many years has it been?

Thanks Liz. Julie

Anonymous said...

I love the inscription "the best things in life...."
What you keep in your memory is the very best....you
take it with you.....and enjoy it over and over......now that is the best!
Love you lots and lots
ant ellie