Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Junior Bridesmaid.........Sordof

April 19, 2010



Want to hear about a super special family member of mine??   Thought so.......

But before I do, you need to know that my family are all "shuttering" right now wondering if this Blog is about them......I just love freaking them out like that.......So, I'll end the suspense and let you know this Blog is about my very special nephew, Lance Calloway.


Are you ready to meet the most handsome guy in the Calloway family??  (No offense, James......)


Lance is my brother, James' only son; the only male in the entire family to carry on the Calloway name;  very tall, very muscular, very handsome and the best part of Lance is that he is so very "tender hearted".  He just recently graduated from Midwestern State University in December with a degree in Business and is preparing to join the Marines in the Fall.  I'll tell ya "why" I'm blogging about this dude in a minute, but first, let me share a little about my Lance......

Lance is an only child..........He and I secured our nephew/aunt bond when he was still real little.....actually, he was in my wedding prior to his being born......his Mom was a bridesmaid at my wedding and about 5 months pregnant with him at the time,  so I guess you could say he was a "Jr. Bridesmaid" at my wedding.....hummmm.......never thought of that before.  Lance was never one of those wimpy little munchkins growing up.....he's always had a football sized body and a STADIUM sized heart!  And he was a funny kid......especially loved it when his little private school would make him do stuff like square dance!  The whole family would show up to watch him drag that poor tiny little girl around in circles....to "do-si-do".....We still torture him with the video's......  And that little thing he used to do with his mouth when he knew we were watching him and he was self-conscience......I loved that!!  Oh, the stories I could tell.............

He excelled in school, football and family......pretty much everything he chose to do, he did well.  He's disciplined, works hard and for these reasons, he is being awarded tomorrow with the National Football Foundation Gridiron Club of Dallas award.  This is only awarded to 10 (ya, you heard me right; 10!!) scholar-athletes from the entire region at the collegiate level for their combined achievements as students, athletes and leaders in their communities.  This is BIG folks!  He will be honored at the Cowboys Stadium in Arlington with that evil Mr. Jerry Jones in attendance.  Lucky for Mr. Jones, it's my anniversary tomorrow and I won't be available to torture him........



So as you can see, he's quite a special guy and I'm one very, VERY proud aunt!  To sum him up, I'd have to say this:  He's quiet like his Dad, smart like his Mom, sensitive like his Grandma, inquisitive like his Grandpa, bold and sweet like his Aunt Debbie, funny like his cousin Jacque and, of course, flat out adorable like his Aunt Liz........





Congrat's Lance, and know that We Love You Very Very Much and couldn't be more Proud Of You!!!

(Would you mind tripping Jerry Jones for me, please??  Pretty Please??  I'll give you $10........$20??)

2 comments:

Debbie said...

One of your best blogs. Started my day with a smile. I love you Lance

Israel said...

Liz, you're blogging about someone you love...what a guy...blesings!!

Israel