Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Mom.........BITTERSWEET

May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day!

Mother's Day is so bittersweet to me........SWEET cause I was blessed with the sweetest Mom of them all.....BITTER cause I know I won't have her with me "forever".....As the years go by faster and faster, I see my  time with her getting shorter and shorter and it simply breaks my heart.   

For those of you whose time has already ended with your Mom, my heart aches for you right now and these tears that I'm crying as I type this right now are for you.  And for those of you who maybe don't understand your Mom; maybe are angry with her; maybe feel she wasn't the mom you "deserved"........please remember she was the Mom that God gave you and He gave her to YOU for a reason.  I'm sure there were many moments my Mom felt she didn't get the daughter she deserved when she was having to chase me around the bed to spank me or the millions of other things I did to disappoint her.

But today, I want to thank my beautiful Mom for a few things that time can never take away....
* For all the yearly Mother-Daughter Trip memories we made together.  From Hawaii to the Bahamas; from Asheville, NC to San Antonio; from Oklahoma City to Hot Springs, AR; not to mention Branson, MO to Florida......we have seen and experienced so much together.  We have learned your stomach shouldn't ever take a cruise again; and we have learned what our maximum amount of time together should be.  These trips will be forever etched in my memory, even when I'm old and can't remember who I am.....

* For working at that hot Sears warehouse during our school age years so we could attend church school.......even though I only excelled in "talking, goofing off and laughing"......this was NOT your fault!

*  For driving us to school in downtown Dallas on Central Expressway and never "pulling the car over RIGHT NOW" as you often threatened......

* For forgetting to tell Dad when he got home as you promised to do when we were extra bad.......

* For the love of bowling.....I never was able to beat you at bowling....DOGGONIT!


* For being the "Monster" at Chuck's and my house at Halloween  in Dallas and scaring all the little kids....You were AWESOME!

Thanks Mom, for being YOU!!  Please never stop.........


6 comments:

Lee said...

Beautifully stated

Lee

Ellen said...

She's a great Mom!

Ellen

Ant Ellie said...

This was the sweetest tribute to your wonderful Mother. I will always be grateful for all the sweet, nice things she did for my mom; mom thought she
walked on water. She raised three good kids which I enjoy so much and am eternally grateful. We were all blessed by her good nature....memories that I will enjoy the rest of my life. Give her a hug for me.

Ant Ellie

Cynthia said...

I loved your Blog about your sweet mother.. I still miss mine so so much..

Love ya,
Cynthia
P.S. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day... :)

Israel said...

Thank you LIz!!

Israel

JC (Dad) said...

Hi Softie...THe BLOG about your mom was simply GREAT. I Printed it off to give to DC when I go to see Her tonight Great great work, of joy to you I'm sure. I see you are still in my debt on some childhood disapline,,,Love YA J.C.