Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Murphy Screams "Like A Girl"......

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Whew......what a week so far............oh man, it's only Wednesday!  

As some of you know, my girlfriend and neighbor, Kris, lost her dear Dad to a massive heart attack last Saturday morning.   My heart aches terribly for her as I cannot possibly imagine the grief and sadness she is experiencing.   Some day, I hope I can share some of his unique and incredible story with you, but for now, just know that this amazing man completely transformed himself within the past year and was experiencing a close walk with God at the time of his death.   It's bitter sweet......so tremendously sad to lose him suddenly and unexpectedly, yet so incredibly sweet to know that his walk with God was solid.  Bitter sweet, indeed.

Poor Murphy; he's had a tough, no good, very bad day today.  His day started at 6:00 am as he went out to do his business when he spotted a deer down the road......and off he went!  We could hear him barking as he bolted down the road after the deer and then suddenly, his bark changed.  It was more of a......wellllll......I guess you could say, he started barking "like a girl".  Next thing we see is him bolting back our direction with the deer RIGHT ON HIS HEELS!  Oh, where is my camera when I need it???!!  It took him most of the day to get over the trauma of the deer.........he promptly ran into the house, grabbed his stuffed monkey and proceeded to stand at the window, monkey in mouth, barking at the road.  Oh ya, tough guy now that he has his monkey.....

So, to help him over this incredible trauma, we tried to make him feel better with a trip to Home Depot.  He loves his Home Depot.......don't tell him, but I'm working on getting him a little orange doggy apron like the big boys wear........maybe he won't feel so much "like a girl"......

4 comments:

Jacquetta said...

I love the story about Murphy!!!!!!!!!! Bless his little heart!!!!! He is so darling.

Jacquetta

Ant Ellie said...

What a brazen deer.....was he high or something? Poor little guy. Well, I am sending you something that I got at the beauty show....it is a nail file with either Murphy's face or his brother's face on it.....he is
so cute. You know that deer needs to pick on someone his own size.

ant ellie

Ellen said...

Poor guy. That must be an old pic of him - could he fit in the basket now??? Just kidding; we love him no matter what "shape" he's in! Playing Scrabble with Angie, Rita and Jennifer today.

Ellen

Jacquetta said...

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacquetta