Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tuesday, June 22, 2010


Sing it with me now........"It's My Birthday~~~~........."

Yep, for those dedicated followers of Murphy's Mom Blog, you may recall the earthquake that occurred while we were in Eugene, OR on this date last year.........For those of you less dedicated followers of Murphy's Mom Blog, I'll give you a hint.......CHUCK FORGOT MY BIRTHDAY last year.....

But not this year......nope........nah........no way Jose.......not on your life.......He remembered!!!!!


With a little help from my sister and several close friends, they pulled off what many thought was impossible........to SURPRISE Liz!   Remember our neighbors, Mike and Kim, that I blogged about last Fall where I showed the tears in our eyes as they pulled the U-haul off Eagle Cove for the last time??  Made you cry, didn't it??  Well, she was a major part in pulling this SURPRISE off by suggesting we do what we always do for each others birthdays.......get a massage!  And since SHE turned 50 last month, off we went to get massaged!!

Now, if you've ever had a massage, do you remember what you look like "after" the massage??  Well, let me describe what "I" look like after a massage.....  Picture, if you will, no make-up (never mind....try not to picture that...) bangs standing straight UP, face creased from the table, and wearing very very very very casual clothes...  Now, picture driving up to your house (remember description above) with 35 friends and family waving Jerry Jones signs at you......  My first thought was, "Oh no, where's the FIRE?" until I saw the many Multi-Facelift pictures of Jerry Jones waving at me.  I promptly put the car in REVERSE at that point.....and then, just to shake them up, put it in DRIVE and headed straight towards them.......Ya, some of them jumped into the ditch, but that just made it more exciting.....

My initial thoughts were rather surreal and I can only describe them as something like I would expect "Liz Heaven" to be like.  Over to my left was my friend Liz Hurt.....you may recall her from my Cow Bell Blog last week....and then straight ahead was my Etheridge relatives, including one very very very pregnant niece (who shouldn't have been that far away from a hospital!!) and a niece and nephew who I thought were overseas but were now at my house, and their parents......then to my right were the Calloway relatives......my beautiful newly-skinny sister and hubby and niece and nephew, and then over to the left were my lake neighbors........and then behind them were other lake neighbors not from our neighborhood......My mind was so muddled up, I don't even remember putting the car in PARK.  These were all friends and family from different "sections" of my daily life......most of which had never met each other before.......and here they were.....all together for ME!  Liz-Heaven!!


Despite the 150 degree heat and humidity outside, they had a fabulous time making me do stuff like sing, "I'm A Little Teacup" complete with hand and leg motions, through a sound system that echoed throughout the lake......I insisted that wasn't my era and didn't know the words, but they eagerly helped me through it....I was then required to drink water from the opposite side of a cup.....which, I must say, I actually was very good at for some reason......and then the final humiliation .....blindfold this 50 year old women and make her hit a high heeled pinata with a wood stick.  It really wasn't that hard; I just pretended it was Jerry Jones' face and I was smackin' that thing like it was butter.

Thanks to EVERYONE for making this birthday one I will never forget; one that I will look back on and always smile; and one that made me feel truly loved.

I love you all.........

43 comments:

Jan and Joe said...

And we thought putting 50 pink flamingos in our Son's yard in the middle of the night was funny! You are off the charts! Congratulations! Jan and Joe

Cathy Lawson said...

"Happy birthday, pretty lady!"

Cathy Lawson

Debra said...

"Happy Birthday! I know you had fun with your surprise!! Lookin' good."

Debra Blackwell

Ellen said...

Love ya. Have a great day!

Ellen

Dan and Darlene said...

"Good morning Liz and oh yeah, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Hope your day is fantastic!"

Dan & Darlene

Israel said...

Well, another year has come today, Happy Birthday!!

Israel

Tammy Stoops said...

"Happy Birthday!!!"

Tammy

Betty Williams said...

Happy Birthday Liz!!! We love you!!!

Betty

David said...

"Happy
birthday!"
David

Lee and Cliff said...

"Lord, I'm so blessed you placed Liz first in my mom's life and then in mine. Bless her and Chuck in huge ways this year. May they make a million sweet
memories and laugh just as many belly laughs. Give them the strength to follow hard after You! Happy Birthday Sweet Friend! I love you!!"

Lee

Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday, Liz!!!!!! What a fun surprise----you truly have many, many folks that love you!

Bonnie

Marlene said...

"Happy Birthday may you continue to celebrate all month!"

Marlene

Rohini said...

"Happy Happy Birthday, pretty lady! I hope you have an amazing day filled with lots of cake and ice cream :)"
Rohini

Janet said...

Hey lady, did it take you longer to get out of bed this morning? i mean being a year younger you should just spring out of bed lol Happy Birthday Liz - glad God granted you another day and year for you to humor us with your blogs - hope today is extra special for you

Janet

Lynette said...

"Happy Birthday Liz! If I was close enough I'd bring you 50 packages of chocolate chip cookie dough!! ;-) (Good thing I'm not close enough, huh?)"

Lynette

Lynette said...

"BTW, when did you get so much older than me?"

Lynette

Judy Hammack said...

"Happy, happy birthday Liz. I would have loved to come to your party, however, I was in Oregon visiting Sheila. So sorry to have missed it, and also sorry that
my daughter won the coin toss. LOL. Hope that you have a great day. Tell Charlie that he needs to continue spoiling you, you are worth it!!!!"
Judy

Cherie said...

That's right...your birthday is one month before mine! Happy birthday girl! Glad u had a good time.

Cherie

Frosty said...

Happy birthday !!

Frosty

Rae Rippy said...

Happy Birthday Liz....Heather and Hunter will be here tomorrow...now both in college...can u believe it!

Rae Rippy

Patty said...

Happy Birthday! I'm sure you all had a great time!!

Patty

Jacquetta said...

Love it. When I was very little, less than 5, I was supposed to sing "I'm A Little Teacup....." at a church function but I was so shy and scared my Mother couldn't get me to do it!!! I stood up on the "stage" and just looked at everyone. She had made me a darling little lace thing for my head - still have it. Funny - I can still see myself with Mother trying to get me to sing. I just looked at all the people.

Jacquetta

Kim Gertz said...

"Happy Birthday Liz!"

Kim Gertz

Julie said...

Hi Liz,

I received an invite to your birthday party and immediately had a fantasy about what it would be like to be there! I so much wish that I could have been. I know I missed someone and something very special. I know you had a great time with so many people you love.

Happy, happy 50th year!

Hugs, Julie

Liz said...

My dear Liz,
I am thrilled beyond words that I was able to be at that GREAT birthday party!!! Your friends really outdid themselves! I wouldn't have missed it for the world! Now I know where you live, which is a very good thing. Your place is beautiful, and has your touch everywhere. I am honored to have been a part. You are loved by so many; I'm not at all surprised, mainly because YOU love everybody!!
I'm heading to NY tomorrow, and soon you and Chuck will be on the road. I hope y'all have a terrific time and arrive home safe and sound but with may adventures. Somehow, I am sure of the latter!! See you when you get home. Love, The Other Liz

Jim Noble said...

"I hope this finds you enjoying your special day! Happy Birthday from your South Texas cousins,

Jim & Bev. (Tell Bur hi for us.)

Tara Pandit said...

"Happy birthday Liz!"

Tara

Mallory said...

"Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a fantastic day!"

Mallory

Pat Emmons said...

"Happy Birthday Liz! Hope you had a great day."

Pat

Glenda Anderson said...

"Happy, happy birthday!!!! Enjoy, enjoy!!!!"

Glenda

Cathy said...

"Happy birthday, Liz! Hope you had a great one!!"

Cathy

David Werst said...

"Happy, Happy birthday. Howdy to Bur...lucky guy......"

David

Denise said...

"Happy Birthday Liz ! I hope your birthday was a wonderful one !"

Denise

Camla said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday!"

Camla

Glenda Anderson said...

Maybe we could do the 1/2 yr. in Colorado and 1/2 yr. in Texas we dreamed about!!!! Hope your b'day was great!! Loved the blog!!!"

Cynthia said...

"Happy Birthday.. I love your blogs.."

Cynthia

Ginger said...

Happy Birthday! I love your blogs.

Ginger

Sammie said...

Happy birthday Liz!

Sammie

Connie and Gill said...

Yes indeedee, we do remember. We are pleased to hear that the event received more attention this year than last. And..........A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISH
FROM CONNIE AND GIL. And.................may you have at least 50 more.
C and G

Regina said...

Honey - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!1 - and you make 50 look like it's 30!!!!!!!!

I love you dearly!

moi (okay, that is so my french classes for me dadgummit!)

Liz Ryder said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!

It sounds like you had a wonderful 50th birthday! Mine is coming up on Oct. 1st.

I can't believe we are 50 this year. I'm at work, so I've got to run, but I just had to say Happy Birthday my friend!!
Love ya,
Liz

Darlene said...

"Liz sorry we missed you on Mon. But we know how hectic life can get :) Happy belated B'Day!!! You and Chuck have a safe and enjoyable trip and we will see
you when you get back. Think of us in cooler weather :)"

Darlene

Dave Carver said...

Iam sorry I missed your 50th I would have been there if I could have. We were in San Fransisco that week sorry I Do want to wish you a happy bith day and so many more. Oh I am glade to see you finely forgave and enbraced Jerry Jones in the true spirit of love. Hope you and Chuck are doing well, Love you both call or e-mail me love Dave