Tuesday, July 13, 2010

DAY 13: Dang......Who Turned On the HEAT!??

Manitou Springs, CO - July 13, 2010



DAY 13:

What happened to the cool weather???

I know I have been annoyingly bragging about how cool it was here; how we were sitting under a beautiful oak tree, drinking coffee with a nice, cool breeze reading a book and then glancing up from our book to view Pikes Peak with snow on it......ya, I know I have been obnoxious...........but that was no reason for you to place a voodoo hex on us here and send us a HEAT WAVE!!  The temp topped at 93 degrees.......

Now, normally if I were home and someone said the temperature reached 93 degrees, I would think they were having a cool spell........but our bodies have become acclimated to the cooler temperatures.....we aren't ready for hot temperatures....afterall, our mission, and yes, we chose to accept it, has been to search out non-hot weather (that's just a clever way of saying "cooler" weather!!)......

Anyway, several "cool" things did occur today!  First, I found one of my FAVORITE stores to shop in.....yes, I know I have been in search of Goodwill stores, but this is my second favorite store to shop in!!  It's called Gordman's and they aren't just everywhere......but they do have one in Colorado Springs.  I really don't know what it is about this store......you would think I had lived in a cave my whole life and never been in a store, but this store is just special to me.  So, mapquested it and and headed out on the trike......sans Chuck.   Shopped for HOURS and came out $60 poorer.  But happier!!

The second "cool" thing that occurred today was we had a new young couple (in their 30s) move next door in our RV neighborhood......Besides being incredibly entertaining, they are recently engaged.....like 4 days ago engaged (can you see the HUGE diamond??)!!  He proposed at Yellowstone and they are just the most delightful couple ever.  They are both from Dallas; she takes a zillion pictures of everything like Liz does; they aren't Democrats and, although they are young, they are sitting in an RV park with a bunch of old people and are right at home!  Perfect!!














Thanks to everyone for commenting on the Dinosaur question from yesterday......I'm more confused than ever now.......

1 comment:

Ant Ellie said...

I'm sorry that "heat" got into my latest email and went straight to Colorado....I just hope the humidity did not go with the heat. But you still do some cool stuff and meet some cool people...just keep on, keep on.
Be safe,
ant ellie