Friday, July 16, 2010

DAY 16: "My Name Is Liz And I Am A Sap....."

Manitou Springs, CO - July 16, 2010

DAY 16

Because it was still HOT outside, we decided to hop on the old trike and head to a nice air conditioned movie theatre and see what was playing.  I have been really, really wanting to see Toy Story 3 in 3-D, as I've never seen a 3-D movie before and the toys in the movie are always the same toys I grew up with, so after much reluctance on Chuck's part, and having to promise him a nice meal, he agreed.

We picked up our special 3-D glasses, put them on 30 minutes before the movie started and started taking cell phone pictures of ourselves with our cool glasses on.

And then the movie started.......

It was SOOOOO cool.......and I cried.  Yes, I cried at the end of Toy Story 3.  I admit it; I have very fond memories of my Barbi's and Slinkies and Barrel of Monkeys........and it was such a sweet ending.....I found myself, tears streaming down my face, nose running, fogging up my 3-D  glasses, trying not to look like I was crying.  Good time to tell you that I also cried so hard, years ago, at Planes, Tranes & Automobiles with John Candy, that we couldn't leave the auditorium until I got a grip on my emotions.  I'm tearing up now just thinking about that movie.........Yes, "My Name Is Liz And I Am A Sap..........."

Anyway, on to happier things.......

I have a RESPONSE QUIZ for you:    My nephew, Lance, is heading into the Marines later this year and one of the things they asked (made???) him do is shave off his facial hair.  Now, personally as his Aunt Liz, I think he looks more handsome WITHOUT the facial hair; I think it was a good move.  However, he and his girlfriend, Sarah, liked him better WITH the facial hair.  Now, I'm posing the question to you just cause I'm curious (and I want to prove I was right!).......So.........IT IS IMPORTANT YOU VOTE ON THIS BY SIMPLY REPLYING TO THIS EMAIL.  Here we go:

WITH FACIAL HAIR:   Y or N


WITHOUT FACIAL HAIR:  Y or N


(He's handsome either way, isn't he???? But more handsome without, right??)

Now, its important that you vote what you really think.......don't agree with me because you like me and don't vote against me because you don't like me, Ok?

VOTE NOW!!!

25 comments:

Ann said...

What is it about guys and facial hair!!!! Definitely more handsome without!!

chuck Stein said...

Without!

Denise said...

You're right Liz, that handsome devil is even more handsome without the fuzz. Shows off his pretty face so much better. Normally I like a beard, but he looks better clean shaven for sure.

Lee said...

Without...but he is handsome both ways.

Becky said...

Without. Of course he was smiling a lot more without. Becky

Jackie said...

Sorry Liz, I think with. I think for me it is the fact it is just a gotee, not a beard person myself. He is handsome without facial hair, but he is HOT with a gotee

Lance said...

I vote with you Liz, he is handsome either way but more so without the hair. I think the hair makes him look older but keep that youthful look as long as you can!.....when it's gone, it's gone.
ant ellie

Ellen said...

"Definitely better without the goatee!!!! He looks 100 times more handsome without it. I don't know where men got the idea that goatees look good."

Georgia and Hal said...

I vote for without facial hair.

By the way, I ran into Becky, Lisa and Tiffany out shopping last weekend. I said I imagine you are really missing Liz and they said well we really are missing Murphy but they got to talk him last Friday. So they were feeling a litttle better. Just wanted you to know that your neighbors are wanting you to hurry back for one reason or another.

gg

Bev said...

"Liz, you crack me up! Oh, and btw, your nephew is quite handsome either way, but I also prefer the smooth shaven look."

Mark, Brenda said...

All the Johnsons vote "without". Even my 17 and 22 year old daughters!

The Entire Johnson Family

Lynette said...

Definitely without!

Ginger said...

Hi Liz,
Jessica and I both agree that he looks better WITHOUT the facial hair! We are heading to Colorado at the end of the month. Maybe we will see you at a campground there.
Ginger

Sallie said...

"I vote for no face hair....he is a cutie"

Sallie

Ellen said...

Mammaw votes for the hair. And so does Dad.

Sharon Martin said...

Liz,
He's a cute guy no matter with or without!
Glad you and Chuck are having a good time.
We miss you,
ss

Carla said...

Definitely...WITHOUT!!

I took Madison & Mckinley to see Toy Story 3 in 3D the last time I was in Little Rock. I LOVED it as did the girls......I had a few tears at the end as well. Now I want to see the other two Toy Story movies....have not seen them.

Hope ya'll are having fun. I am so envious.

Carla

Debra Blackwell said...

We have 5 without and 1 with

Donnita said...

I am partial to facial hair, however I agree with you he is handsome with and without!!

Sounds like you guys are having a blast. Stay safe and have fun!!!

Donnita

Regina said...

without - hunka hunka!

Jeannette said...

my vote is without facial hair....JMoore

Nonia said...

Liz, The young man is handsome either way------- but i like a smooth face. Hope my grandson reads this. nonia mc

Lisa Dubon said...

Big No to the facial hair - want to see that handsome face, not cover it up!

jacquetta said...

WITHOUT!!!!!!!!!!!

Pat Pond said...

If you stop in Rapid City, be sure to check out the downtown area (bronze statues of our presidents on the street corners) and go to the Brew Pub and try their beer/cheese soup that is served with a dark brown bread that is made with stout; they are both wonderful.

In the meantime, I'll read your blogs and let you know what we're going to do when we figure it out.

Love,
Pat

P.S. 50 isn't the "Big One"; you haven't even reached your prime yet. I call it the fabulous 50s, the sexy 60s, and the sensational 70s; I haven't come up with one for the 80s yet but I still have 9 years to go.