Sunday, July 18, 2010

DAY 18: "I Miss My Beautiful Shoes Already......"

DAY 18:  Manitou Springs, CO  - July 18, 2010


Well, today was a R-E-L-A-X-I-N-G day spent hanging around the RV and running errands.  One of the errands was a coffee run........a 5 pound coffee run.....  For those of you who don't know my Charlie, an important fact you need to know about him is he is addicted to coffee.  Many, many times he has admitted to this addiction; he has joined "Coffeeholics Anonymous"; he has done the 12 step program for coffeeholics and he even has a sponsor.....unfortunately, his sponsor is Murphy and Murphy will let him drink as much coffee as he wants so long as he gives him treats.

Speaking of Murphy, I'm either getting used to his bizarre Australian haircut or its getting better.....

What do you think??




How many of you  remember when I purchased these lovely slip-on's last year while in Estes Park, CO?  I blogged about them last year while on our summer trip and was so proud of finding them......I remember one of you wrote and said you had several just like them in multiple colors........I was so jealous.  

Well, they have seen many miles over the past year and the tan on my feet currently is in the shape of them, but they are on their last leg (or foot...haaaaa haaaa).  My big toe is sticking out of the bottom, they are coming unsewed and I'm already having withdrawl symptons knowing I will soon have to say goodbye to them.

Tomorrow I will look for their replacement.........the new ones will have some pretty big "shoes" to fill, though.............

12 comments:

Denise said...

Well, I think Murphy's hair cut is about as cute as can be, I mean, look at that face .... he can do short or long and he's still so cute. In fact, I want a little puppy just like him, he's adorable !!!

Ann said...

If you find your shoes ... I wouldn’t tell anyone ‘cause you’ll be hauling back dozens of shoes for all your friends .... the orders will come tumbling in .... just like when I went to Mexico and had to bring back 48 Mexican dresses ....

LeeBird3 said...

What size shoe do you wear? I have navy blue ones like that, and they don't fit me! They are 9 1/2's.

Jacquetta said...

I would have been so mad at the woman who shaved Murphy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, you need new shoes.

Ant Ellie said...

I love the poster re coffee helps you do stupid things faster with more energy...that is so true....it is a hard habit to break. Now to your shoes...you have walked out of your shoes...if the soles and suede are still good, find a shoe store and get them resewn.....shouldn't be costly and might last another year or two.....especially since you have them broken in. But then again, it is fun to shop for new stuff.....decisions, decisions.
Ya'll have fun. and take care. ant ellie

Sherrie said...

So, why not just get the shoe fixed for that they can go another year?

Tell Charlie that I am drinking my coffee and I say cheers!

Hope you are having a good time. S

Ellen said...

Murphy looks 10 lbs lighter...oh, he is :). I like his new do.

ellen

Bonnie and Dick said...

Hey Liz----I don’t mean to break your bubble-----but, I never liked those shoes and was getting pretty sick of seeing them. He he Find some cuter ones, OK?
Bonnie
P.S. Just kidding, of course!

Julie said...

Liz,

I don't know why hearing about your shoes made me think to tell you about this, or maybe on second thought I do! I had to put my sweet sparky to sleep last week. Seems I was just consoling you about your own loss of a pet and stated that I dreaded the day I would have to do the same. It came all too soon. I know if there were a doggie heaven our doggies would be getting to know each other right now!

Hugs, julie

Israel said...

Yep, you need new shoes!!!! I'm back in town, where are you guys?

Israel

Lisa said...

I saw my hairdresser friends Saturday at a baby shower and told them of Murphy’s plight. They have started collecting hair to weave him a new coat! Going to the lake this week-end and planning on seeing Tiffany and Ray. Wish you were there, but keep having fun and sending out your blog. Love you guys, LISA

Pat Pond said...

Without facial hair because he has a good strong manly chin and he ought to show it off.

Pat