Friday, July 2, 2010

DAY 2: Has Anyone Seen the Cat???

Raton, NM - Friday, July 2, 2010


DAY 2:  Okay, folks.....I'm going to have to type FAST.......cause the internet around these parts ain't too good and failing fast......this may be my last Blog until Colorado, unless something really crazy happens between now and Monday that I MUST tell you about......

Here's what happened today:  First, after driving a little over an hour from Wichita Falls, we realized we hadn't seen the cat in a very long time.......We spent a good 15 minutes "talking" about when the last time we had seen the cat was and.....welllll.......we weren't entirely sure we hadn't left Kruger the 1-Claw Cat back in Wichita Falls.  Neither of had had "seen" her escape out of the RV, but she's pretty slick and quick and could have gotten past one of us (not naming names......but it wasn't me!).  So, after 15 minutes of discussion, Chuck heads to the back of the RV in search of Kruger.  Can't find her.  So we pull over.......I get the old flashlight out and start checking behind the bed, under the bed, around the bed.......no where to be found.  By now, I've got that sick feeling in the bottom of my gut visualizing our sweet, big butted 1-claw cat roaming aimlessly around the Wichita Falls campground looking for Murphy.  I then decide to look under Chuck's chair.......and there she was.  Quiet as a church mouse staring back at me.  RELIEF!

So, we are now free to head on down the road.  Check out the picture I took from the side mirror of us and the truck next door......check out the "lower" mirror......yep, thats what driving a big rig is like, folks!  It's truly a wonder we still have a side mirror.......

As we got closer to Raton, NM, the storm clouds started rolling in.......beautiful rain-filled storm clouds with a bit of WIND.......

So, I'm off to bed.....I think its early, but I'm not sure cause we passed through a time change somewhere today.....but I didn't sleep well last night and had an 8 hour drive today.......so I'm pooped.   See ya next time I get internet!!

9 comments:

Israel said...

Thanks for the info Liz, say hi to chuck for me, and hope to see you soon. God bless!!

Israel

Ant Ellie said...

Neato cat....stretched out there in comfort and eyes like little slits....she is well aware of where comfort and safety are and it looks like she doesn't want to give it up.....smart cat. Drive careful as this is an awful weekend for drunks...driving around. Hope your internet continues as we here at home are anxious to hear your adventures and live vicariously through them.
love to both,

ant ellie

Sherrie said...

Glad you found the big butted cat.

Sherrie

Ellen said...

Kruger probably thinks you guys are nuts! LOL

Ellen

Ann said...

Fabulous pic of the road and storm clouds .... worthy of a gallery .....

Ann

Chuck armstrong said...

You give them what for girl……….and keep on trucking !!!!1

Chuck

Barry said...

Love the blog
Barry Crow

Debbie said...

Ok my question is ....... Driving that close to a big rig why weren't both hands on the steering wheel and both eyes focused on the road ahead rather than the road behind???? Pray Chuck Pray!!!!!

Deb

Jacquetta said...

You are amazing!!! Don't see how you do the driving. So glad you didn't lose your kitty!!! I would have been so frantic. Be careful. love, Jacquetta