Wednesday, July 21, 2010

DAY 21: It's A Hallelujah Day

DAY 21:  Manitou Springs, CO - July 22, 2010


Say it with me now..........Halllllll.........eeee.........luuuuuu.......jah......

Liz got her hair colored today!  My arm was getting SO tired of holding it over the white streak going down the center of my head!


Today I met the neatest lady......her name is Jane.....she is married to Dick......and their dog's name is Spot.  I kid you not.....and her personality is BIGGER than life.......she reminds me a whole lot like my friend Sherrie, the fireman,  I told you about the other day whose house got broken into.

While I was talking to Jane and their dog, Spot, another lady in the park, Wilma, (who is married to Fred and has a dog named Dino.....just kidding) told us about this neat waterfall here in Manitou Springs that most people pass by every day and never know is there.  I love waterfalls.....I will hike miles to see a beautiful waterfall and here's one right down the street that is secretly hidden under an old bridge.

Wilma described where it was, and since I was feeling extra good; what with having my skunk streak on my head removed at the hairdressers today,  I instantly went and grabbed Chuck and headed out to find it.  We found it easily........but Wilma was right; we had passed over this waterfall a hundred times and never knew it.  It's a beautiful waterfall, but its beauty couldn't mask a sense of sadness as well........kids have used this magnificant space as their spray paint playground.....and really done a number on the underneath of this bridge.  Rumor has it the City is working to clean this up........

I hope so...

This is Manitou Springs, hidden between Garden of the Gods to the north and Pikes Peak to the west.  There are mineral springs throughout this town that are fed by the snows of Pikes Peak and are known for their healing abilities.  I seriously should work for the Chamber of Commerce here......

I'm this towns biggest fan.......

7 comments:

Barry said...

Fun with dick and Jane. You gonna start holding up banks with an obama mask. LOL
Barry Crow

Jacquetta said...

sounds like a beautiful place - lucky for you to see it.

Jacquetta

Sherrie said...

Firemen stoke the fire in a train. Now firefighter... That is something!

Dense said...

Ha ha ha !!! As usual Liz, you just crack me up. Love the Dick , Jane and Spot story. I went to the Garden of the Gods and Pikes Peak with my parents when I was a kid. Oh I would love to see those places again. How lucky you are that you have a husband that likes to travel and what a bonus, - shop too!! Mine is a good guy, but he isn't interested in travel much. Would you please adopt me and let me be your child so I can go with you on your adventures!!! ha ha !
Denise

Israel said...

Good picture of you Liz...you look good, and thanks for the waterfall picture I didn't even know it was there, have to check it out...love the water!!

Israel

Regina said...

Hey Girliefriend,

I spent 6 yrs in Co Spgs and many a day in Manitou. I know of exactly where you're talking about. I know often graffiti can be awful, however, mankind always leaves its mark. Often, it's just trash. Sometimes, it's art. I can't tell if the graffiti is good or bad but it is another perspective. I loved Manitou - but in my day, it was a serious (yes, I mean serious) center of witchcraft - covens, warlocks, etc. It sounds as if things have changed - I'm hoping it's because of the major upsurge of Christian behavior and work in Co. Spgs. Anyway, just a thinkin' and I'm sorry if I put a damper. I do love your daily missives. It makes me feel connected even after all these years, places and men.

I love you,

Regina

Ant Ellie said...

This is a beautiful town situated between two mountains and that wonderful waterfall.....I hope they install a security camera, catch the vagrant kids and make their parents pay for the repairs...also make the kids work at removing it...for free or do jail time. In our day, it would have been a razor strap......kids today don't get corporal punishment
and sometimes they really need it. Your blog is so interesting....I open your messages first...read with
relish.....and vicariously vacation with you. ....thanks.
love to both
ant ellie