Tuesday, July 27, 2010

DAY 26: "Their Last Day....Unless They Get A New Soul...."

DAY 26: Manitou Springs, CO - July 26, 2010
Awww...the Perfect Shoes...
Their Last Day....
I beg you to please humor me for one more Blog about my beloved shoes...........today, quite possibly, was their last day......
Brand Smackin' New......It Was Love At First Site

Yes, a replacement has been found ..... although .....I'm not 100% satisfied with the successor ...... they will have to do for now.  I am NOT going to quit looking till I locate the perfect pair.....

Men just don't understand the relationship and attachment us women have with our favorite pair of shoes.....I'm the type that once I find the perfect pair of shoes or the ultimate purse, I have it on me at all times.  I'm not one who changes out her purse every day, or every week or heck, every season for that matter.  Nope......I find a good accessory companion and I keep it close to me at all times....until they fall apart.

And so, on the eve of eternal rest of my favorite pair of shoes, I felt it respectfully necessary to share with you some of mine and my shoes'  favorite moments over the past year:
At the Movies Together....

* We have waded together through waterfalls at Crater Lake Nat'l Park in Oregon
* We have stepped on Murphy's poop countless times...
* We pretended to kick a moose in Yellowstone
* We met Buffalo Bill Cody
* We have walked together in snow at the top of the Rocky Mountains
* They were used to hit Chuck with last year when he forgot my birthday....
* We ran from the mosquitos at Crater Lake together....
Ridin' the Highway Together...
* They loved riding the motorcycle through the Redwood Forest in California
* We have rescued the jetskis from two floods together...
Tip Toeing Thru the Wildflowers...
* The shifted over 12,000 miles on the motorcycle last summer.....
* We rode over the Golden Gate Bridge together
Together with Their Moose Socks




* They trembled with me as we drove the 103" wide RV between concrete barriers that were 106" wide
They Have been Peed On By A Scared Cat
* We walked the Salt Flats of Utah together
* We visited the Morman Tabernacle together
* They have riden through COUNTLESS rain storms with me
Cuddling With My Honey....
* They hung in there with me when we walked up (and then down) all 5 million steps to 7 Falls in Colorado
* They reluctantly visited Dalhart, Texas and then promptly left
* They were proud to have forked peoples yards
Lele and Granddaughter's Shoes...
* They have enjoyed footsie with our granddaughter Brie's pair of shoes...




So, there you have it.  Although our relationship has lasted a little over a year, we have experienced a lot together.........It's always painful to say goodbye to a love in your life.......We're truly hoping for a new soul.......

9 comments:

Debbie said...

I believe you should start a Liz Shoe Museum so the future generations can learn to love and appreciate your shoes as much as the rest of us have. Why should we be selfish and keep all the wonder, adventure and style to ourselves?



Debbie Rusk

Marlene said...

Your shoes have been a faithful friend ;-). Btw, I really like Chuck's shoes!

Marlene

Judy Hammack said...

You and your shoes have shared a lifetime together (more experiences than a lot of people have in a lifetime). Maybe you should have them bronzed like parents used to do with their baby's first pair of walking shoes!!!!!! Enjoy your blogs tremendously.
Judy

Donna said...

just like baby shoes you can have them bronzed, donna

Debra Blackwell said...

Dear Liz,

Love your blogs, your eternal effervescence is delightful and your energy bottomless. And I can soooooo relate to your observations. Someday, I'm going to figure out how to print some of your pictures for reference, as I think they would make great painting subjects.

Keep you the good work! Errrr, Fun!! That's more the ticket!

Love, Debra

PS I think you'll find this funny, when I went to send this, my mouse either slipped or got sticy or whatever, and I sent it to Lindy Thompson!! So then I
had to send him and OOPS. Oh, well, not really my day!!!! Keep having fun!

Nyla said...

If I had a horn I would sound taps through my tears, but we'll have to settle for a prayer that they will find a good resting place for their soles. Hope you both are doing better than the shoes. MISS you!!!!! Nyla

Jacquetta said...

GREAT!!!

Julie said...

I hope they haven't been too bit of a heel to go to heaven!

Marlene said...

I love crosses especially if they are made by some awesome people like you and Chuck.
I love your blog. You make me laugh!
Keep it coming! ha, ha
Love,
M