Wednesday, July 14, 2010

DAY 14: "I Would Like A Bowl of Potato Soup, Please"......

Ya, we're still in Manitou Springs, CO - July 14, 2010


DAY 14

Today was another WORK day......I started receiving all my "work" mail the other day and had two large packets of bills, invoices, bills, statements, bills and a super cute baby shower invite!!!!

GOOD NEWS, FOLKS!!  Another Goodwill store has been found just a couple miles from where we're staying.  JACKPOT!  We were riding the trike the other day in the BOILING heat when we drove through the cutest little town called Old Colorado City.  It's within spitting distance of where we're staying and simply A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!  

Anyway, I had noticed a Goodwill store on the corner and decided to dump Chuck and head on over to shop at my own leisure.  Imagine my surprise when I walked in, found hot coffee and cookies being served, and just the tidiest, cleanest little store you'd ever want to visit.  Shopping cart in hand, backpack on my back and a huge smile on my face, I looked at each and every shelf.  I work my way to the back of the store where the furniture was and I overhear these two sweet old, white haired ladies talking about how nice this dining room table was and how it had two chairs; just enough for the two of them.  Now my curiosity was getting the better of me, so I glanced around the corner just in time to see them sitting down at this rickety old dining room table that was set with Goodwill dishes.  I hear one lady tell the other lady all they needed now was a bowl of soup and they'd have it made..........and then they laughed..... laughed HARD!

So, they seemed like my type of ladies, so I walked up to the table, pretend-order tablet in my hand, and welcomed them to the Goodwill Cafe.  Asked what I could get them today.  They laughed and the one said, "I'd love a hot fudge sundae, please."  "Good choice" I said......"and how about you, ma'am" to the other sweet lady.  "I'd like a cup of potato soup, please" she said.  "That just happens to be our special today, ma'am......" I said, and we all had a good laugh.  I went on my way, continued shopping and eventually found my way to the back again, and there they still sat.  The one said as I passed by, "Ma'am, how much longer before our order will be out?"......and they looked at each other and had a good belly laugh......we all had a good ol' belly laugh.....

Put a smile on my face the rest of the day.........

As I arrived back to the RV, Murphy had his legs crossed just itching to do some business......so I took him to his favorite place.......

Life Is Good.......

4 comments:

Denise said...

Liz you just crack me up, this one was so cute. Keep 'em coming. I look forward to reading your blogs each day !!
Denise

Ant ellie said...

Maybe if a volunteered for Goodwill or some other thrift shop, I could get all my dumpster diving urges tamed without hauling it all home. Either that or I could start my own thrift shop just by hanging a sign and unlocking the front door! A good laugh is such good medicine! keep it up. I love ya both.
ant ellie

Lisa said...

That is too cute! Glad you are having such a good time. Still missing you here though. Be safe. LOVE YA, LISA

Jacquetta said...

You are so funny!!