Thursday, July 15, 2010

DAY 15: "Murphy and the Australian Psychologist"

Manitou Springs, CO - July 15, 2010


Remember me telling you how Chuck is Mr. Socialite at the RV Park?  Well, he met another "new" friend today.......her name is Deb......she is from Australia.......Chuck thought she was gay............SHE SHAVED MY DOG!

It all started a few days ago when Chuck and I checked into getting Mr. Murphy groomed around here.....they wanted some astronomical price to groom the little guy, so Chuck and I thought we could "trim" him up ourselves.  Since we were going to be on the road for 3 months, we decided to "invest" in some electric shears and were going to just give him a little trim; you know, to keep him comfortable.  So, we decided we'd try it out tonight........I first gave him a bath......then took him outside, pulled out the bright shiny new electric shears and started reading the instructions.  The only time I've ever used shears like this was when I shaved my name in Chuck's back hairs.........but I digress.......about this same time, I realize its 7:00 and one of my favorite TV shows is coming on, so I head indoors for an hour.

When I came back out, Chuck is still sitting outside and his new friend, Deb, is sitting outside with him.  All I can see of Murphy is his head and he seems fine, UNTIL........I see the hair on the concrete pad in the shape of my dog.......I then look back to Murphy and my dog is SHAVED except for his head and his legs.....As my mind is trying to absorb all that I'm seeing, I hear myself say "What did you do to my dog?????" when new friend, Deb, piped up and said, "I did it!" like this was something she should be proud of.  Now, pretty much all I know about Deb is she is a psychologist from Australia who speaks her mind, shaves her head (I'm seeing a pattern here....) prior to coming to America each year and travels in a 1998 Cab-Over RV with her guy partner!


Poor Murphy........the other dogs were all making fun of him as they strolled by this evening......he even lost his "little man" attitude he usually has when other dogs walk by......it was S-A-D......


P.S.  I'm sorry, Troy and Becky, that this happened to your God-Dog.......I'm truly sorry......It's all Chuck's fault......

5 comments:

Jacquetta said...

You need to lock her up!!!!!!!!!!!@#*^&$ HOW could she do this to darling little Murphy?????? Poor baby.

jjp

Frosty said...

"I think he looks cute!!"

Lisa said...

OMG!!!!! Someone ought to shave that lady’s head…..oh wait, she already did it herself!! She should be ashamed and offer to buy Murphy some hair extensions. That poor baby. What do you think about a nice colorful lightweight sweater for the next several months? Murphy’s expression on his face tells it all. Still missing you guys!! I did get a new kitten. He is called a Tuxedo Cat. Look that up on the net…it’s pretty interesting. I haven’t named him yet, but he is absolutely adorable and loves to be hugged. As always, be safe, have fun, and don’t leave Murphy alone with shears and weird people anymore. Love you guys, LISA

Cynthia said...

"O.K. I'll tell her.. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and tell Chuck hello for us.. I love the adventure you are on and so wish we could do the same thing.. but I"m really enjoying yours.. :)
love ya....:)"

Nanda said...

"Poor murphy!!!"

Nanda