Tuesday, August 10, 2010

DAY 41: "Wahhhhh...Our Last Day In Colorado......"

DAY 41:  Last Day in Estes Park, CO - August 10, 2010



Wahhhhhhh....this is our LAST day in beautiful Estes Park, CO.  My fear is we are heading towards warmer weather after today.  We will be headed in the morning towards S. Dakota but probably making a stop tomorrow night in windy Wyoming.  I remember last year when we went through Wyoming, it was SOOOOO windy that the steering wheel was sideways from the moment we crossed over the Wyoming state line until we pulled into the wretched campground in Casper.  I remember asking the lady at the counter if it was always this windy and she said, "What wind??"  Okaaaaay.......

Anyway, we spent the last day here enjoying the best weather we've seen since we arrived two weeks ago.  We took the Estes Park Aerial Tramway up on the mountain for a fantastic view of the town and the surrounding mountains......

and.....

We also fed the "over-fed" chipmunks their 34th bag of peanuts.....they were adorable and would eat right out of your hand...or in Chuck's case, "part" of your hand.   Their cheeks were so full of peanuts they reminded me of Liz's before she went through that growth spurt at the age of 12.  It was a disturbing memory but a beautiful last day in Paradise.....

I must confess I have formed a very, very bad habit since we started traveling.......I am absolutely addicted to Jolly Rancher candies; especially the watermelon ones.  I've always been partial to Jolly Ranchers, but I can't go anywhere without them now.  My pockets are stuffed with them, my purse is stocked; overflow is going in Chuck's pockets.....and he doesn't even like Jolly Ranchers!  I don't know what's going on, but I'm just hoping I have some teeth by the time we get home the end of September........

Lisa, my dear friend and dentist neighbor, I need to go ahead and make an appointment for when I get home....ok?  I must kick this wicked addiction....

But tonight......beautiful sunset......almost like it was saying "Good-bye, Chuck and Liz.....you're going to miss our nice cool weather....you're going to regret leaving here.....you'll be sorrrrrry..............."

See ya tomorrow!

3 comments:

Israel said...

It was good to have you around the "hood" Happy trails!!

Israel

jacquetta said...

Wonderful pictures - love the squirrel.
love, Jacquetta

ant Ellie said...

Ya'll drive careful ya hear!. I love you both very much.
ant ellie

p.s. Don't forget to blog as I await a daily dose of adventure and vicarious vacationing through your journeys!