Wednesday, August 11, 2010

DAY 42: CRICKETS ARE "NOT" MY FRIEND.......

DAY 42:  Cricketville, Wyoming - August 11, 2010





Well folks, we emptied the sewer tank and headed out of Estes Park this morning.  Sad to leave, but excited for the next destination!

Unfortunately, the next destination was Cricketville, Wyoming.  Although Cricketville isn't the "actual" name of this town, it should be.  I HATE CRICKETS!  I'M TERRIFIED OF CRICKETS!  I DETEST CRICKETS!  They serve absolutely no purpose and they jump in your hair.....and this town has a major cricket problem.  I could tell as soon as we pulled into the RV park that this was NOT going to be a Liz-Friendly RV Park.........nope........I could see the little RV yards "jumping" all around the park and this is simply not a good sign.

Poor Chuck; his legs were not working well for him today, yet his wife; you know, the one who isn't afraid of driving an almost 40' motorhome through downtown Denver or driving a motorcycle 12,000' up Pikes Peak, wouldn't leave the RV to help him with the outside RV stuff cause she was afraid a cricket would jump on her.  She wore her hat outside when she did budge out of the RV just in case one of these little critters flew into her hair.....she stayed on top of the picnic table the entire time she talked with her Mom on the phone.....and she screamed while walking to the street to take Murphy for his poop walk.  I can't wait to leave Cricketville tomorrow........It didn't help that my brother-in-law, Brady, texted me that he hoped the crickets didn't climb up the electrical cord and into the coach......nope; didn't help at all.


We'll be hitting the road EARLY tomorrow........

8 comments:

Sherry said...

Geez Iz. Liz. They can't be that bad. I don't like them either but its cool to step on them and have them crunch under your feet. What a waste of cgood crickets.

Sorry keys on phoneare sticking especially thedelete key.

Debbie said...

You’re soooooo cute !!

Anonymous said...

You are not right. I am assured. Let's discuss it. Write to me in PM.

Judy Boyles said...

I feel that way about snakes and mice – eek!! Are you going to see Custer’s last stand area? We saw it briefly several years ago when we went up to see Mount Rushmore and Black Hills and took long way back home. Oh to be on vacation again…….It is getting up to106 in TX…..

Thank you.

Judy Boyles,

Ant Ellie said...

Crickets are good for "singing" and they hae a very active love life.....other than that, I don't know what they are good for either.
take care.
Ant ellie

Bev said...

"Let me suggest the Longhorn Ranch RV park in Dubois, WY. That's where we stayed before we drove into Yellowstone. They have laundry facilities and a shower house and we parked beside a babbling brook. We loved it there. Would've liked to have stayed longer. Glad to hear that you are still doing well on your
trip. Dave and I are on another rv trip in New York this week, but it is a working trip this time and only for a few days. Take care."

Donnita said...

I am right there with you sister on the crickets!!!!!

Pat Pond said...

I didn't know we are so much alike. I can handle a snake, spiders are to be rescued from the shower rather than killed, and most bugs are interesting; crickets send me running for the hills even though I try to think of them as the cute little cartoon character!