Friday, August 20, 2010

DAY 52: Goodbye, Beautiful S. Dakota!

DAY 52:  Last Day in Spearfish, South Dakota - August 20, 2010


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LANCE!!

So today was our last, beautiful day in South Dakota.  You know, whenever I thought of South Dakota in the past, I thought of........of............well, I thought of nothing.  I never thought much about South Dakota......so I was PLEASANTLY surprised when we arrived here and found it to be incredibly beautiful, clean and friendly.  If you're like me and never thought much about S. Dakota, I'm here to tell ya, it's worth the drive here......

Tomorrow we fold up the lawn chairs, load up the trike and head to Montana........Red Lodge, Montana that is!!  Can't wait to drive the Beartooth Pass and take you all with me!!

But first, I thought I'd update you on a few things that were left unanswered......

CHUCK'S FUNKY HEAD:  You may recall, the old boy had funky stuff growing on the top of his head in Colorado for which I took him to the doctor in Estes Park and had it looked at.  The doctor felt it could wait until we returned home the end of September, but as time went on, it started looking worse and worse to me.  I've got to tell ya; I was more than a little worried.  But not anymore......no siree.....unbeknowest to me, Chuck has been putting Purell Hand Sanitizer on his head every day and WHALAA.....he is healed!!! No more weird stuff on the top of his head!!!









MURPHY'S AUSTRALIAN HAIRCUT:  As you can see in the most recent photos, his hair is growing back nicely.......along with his ears......










CHUCK'S FIRST HAIR COLORING:  Chuck is currently taking appointments for anyone needing their hair colored or highlighted.  Actually, he hasn't actually "highlighted" any hair yet, but he's eager to learn and did color my roots and I must admit, he did a FABULOUS job!  I am so proud of him!!! I would highly recommend him to any of you ladies out there looking for a cheap hair coloring from a handsome man with no funky stuff growing on the top of his head anymore.......








And thought I'd share with you a few highlights of South Dakota that we are taking home with us:











Fasten your seatbelts........it's a long drive to Montana!!  
Don't forget to bring your jackets......










8 comments:

Denise said...

Liz, again, I just love your blogs. I flew to Dallas Wed. to help mom out with my dad who's still in rehab and she's not feeling too well either, it's been a long day, and I'm ending it with reading your blog and smiling. Thanks, Denise

Regina said...

Liz - what a great job you do on bringing in the grand and the minutia! I feel like I'm there plus you're always good for a giggle! Cheers to you and I can't wait to "hear" about the adventures in Montana!

Ellen said...

Chuck must have had some kind of fungal growth that the alcohol killed????

PS - I can't imagine RVing with SIX dogs (referring to one of your pics).

Israel said...

Beautiful pics, have a good trip to Montana.

Israel

Donnita said...

Stay safe and have fun

Jacquetta said...

Beautiful pictures - where were all the darling little dogs? JP

ant Ellie said...

Beautiful country! talk about jackets...rub it in, rub it in.....We're sitting here naked and sweating with air conditioning on high...so just rub it in!

Ant ellie said...

Is that a documented, certified picture of Jim and a dish cloth? At first I thought it was a pink sweater he was giving to Lance...then it looks like a little fringe maybe......I need to keep this memorable picture
in my keepsake box...wow.
ant ellie