Saturday, August 21, 2010

DAY 53: OK, WHOSE THE WISEGUY WHO TURNED THE A/C OFF???

DAY 53:  Red Lodge, Montana - August 21, 2010


Who turned the Air Conditioning OFF????

I'm starting to feel like we're in Texas or something.......dang that Al Gore and his Global Warming!!  It was in the low 90's today on our trip from South Dakota to Montana........that's just Wrong, Wrong, Wrong!!!!

And we haven't bothered to get the RV dash air looked at yet........so we were sweatin' like a turkey the day before Thanksgiving for the first time since June 30th.  I can hear my Texas friends and family now; "Ah, poor Liz........she sweated today..."  or "Well, its about time you sweated like the rest of us!"......Yep, it happened......BUT BUT BUT........tomorrow......are your ready for this.......78 degrees HIGH; 48 LOW.  Monday's temps.....are you sitting down........62 degrees HIGH / 38 degrees LOW!!!  Hardey-Harr-Harr.......(actually, thats a little too cold......not complaining, though.....no sir-ee....)

Enough about the weather........I'm not old enough to be concentrating on the weather this much......

Today was a butt-aching driving day.......Drove through South Dakota, Wyoming and Montana......and I'm TARRED! (thats "tired" to my non-Texan friends).



We arrived in the cute little town called Red Lodge, Montana just at the base of the AWESOME Bluetooth Highway I've been non-stop talking about for a week now.  I know you'll be glad once I ride this highway on the motorcycle just so I'll shut-up about it........well, if all goes as planned, that day will be tomorrow!  WHAHOO!!  I'll bore you with every twist and turn tomorrow.....WHAHOO!!!

Here's a picture of a portion of the Beartooth Highway.  Now, I need you to CLICK on the picture so you can see it bigger and truly appreciate what I'm yapping about.  This road has been called "the most beautiful drive in America" and because of heavy snowfall at the top, the pass is only open each year from Memorial Day to Labor Day!  It says that because of the high altitudes, snowstorms can occur even in the middle of the summer!  How "cool" is that?????  It's 68 miles long and we're going to do it TWICE! (we have to get back to the RV, you know...)

Pray I don't drive off the mountain tomorrow (just kidding, Ant Ellie!!  But seriously.....you might want to pray for us...)

9 comments:

Stuart said...

Oooohhh I wish I still had my M3 for that mountain road. My idea of the perfect ending. As long as there was a girl involved too. LOL
Stuart Berwick

Ann said...

OK ... just got a close up of Bear Tooth ... am seriously praying for you and can’t wait to hear about it!!!! AH

P.S. I’m in Oakland, CA with my son and I wore a sweatshirt today!!! Tuesday back to the lake ...... hmmmmmmm .....

Ann

Denise said...

Thanks Liz, and I sure will give them a hug for you. And of course they remember you. I've forwarded some of your blogs to mom to read and have shown her some of the pics you posted, like of your parents and Mrs. Howards etc... She enjoyed it a lot. Don't get too cold up north. Cooler weather sounds so nice right now!
Denise

Regina said...

Love ya and would love to be with you on that pass today!! We have such a beautiful country!!

Kim said...

Soooooooo darlin’ what cha drivin’ today? The “bluetooth” or the “beartooth”?

Jeanette said...

Wow Liz I didn't know you could click on the pictures and make them bigger.

I see piles of dirt or sand on the road in places....is it just for motorcycles??

My sister lived in Montanna for 10 years in Helenna Montanna and since have moved back to Tx.

Jacquetta said...

Beautiful, but so dangerous looking! Good Luck! jjp

Ant ellie said...

I pray for you both every day.....don't ever not send a blog or else I may have the FBI out looking for you. ha.
I love you both,

ant ellie

Just rub those temperatures in again...would you...urrrrrh.

Angie said...

This is just great... love the story. What a blessed wonderful life you guys have. AMEN girl