Sunday, August 22, 2010

DAY 54: Only Sissies Go 40mph Around A 20mph Curve.....

DAY 54:  Red Lodge, Montana - August 22, 2010


Click to Make Bigger
Click to Make Bigger


I'm happy to inform you that we are still among the living and survived the FANTASTIC day on Beartooth Pass Highway (or, as I inadvertently wrote last night, "BLUETOOTH Pass Highway"......thanks to my dear long time friend, Kim, for setting me straight!!) .......Hey, I could've taken my Bluetooth on the Beartooth Highway.......
Click To Make Bigger

Anyway, I woke this morning with a smile on my face, a skip to my step and anxious to get my hands and feet shifting and clutching......

Click To Make Bigger
There are no words to express the beauty we saw today.....Around every curve, each mountain getting closer and closer; with a mountain lake far off in the distance; snow topping only a few of the mountains.....but plenty of WIND at the top of the summit some 10,500' up........and then here came the rain....BUT.....we out-ran it!  We're either getting "smarter"; "faster" or the gods are being kinder to us, cause we made it back to the RV just as it started sprinkling........HOT DOG!!
Click To Make Bigger

Tomorrow we hook up the trailer, load the trike and head to the next destination.......we have no idea where....so we might just spend the night in a Wal-Mart parking lot somewhere......we'll live dangerously.........that'll be FUN!

STRANGE CONVERSATION FOR THE DAY:

WAITRESS to Chuck:  "Do You Want White or Wheat?

CHUCK to Waitress:  "Mayonnaise"

That's my Man!!!

Lulu's Picture


And this picture is for my friend, Lulu........I saw this sign, made a U-turn and had to get a picture JUST FOR YOU!!!  Enjoy!






Also thought you might like to see the temperature when we started and when we got to the summit.......

Click To Make Bigger
Click To Make Bigger
And in a few days, I hope to have the VIDEO of today's trip on YouTube......Word of Warning, though......if you're prone to motion sickness, you might want to take a Dramamine first......

Idiot Passing Everyone....
Click To Make Bigger
Click To Make Bigger


Click To Make Bigger

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

wow in the last picture I would have loved to had my fishing pole to fish in it ....lol.

Jacquetta said...

Oh Liz - you 3 are having the trip of a lifetime!!!

Judy Boyles said...

This is beautiful!!!! So glad that you got to go on this highway this time. There is a pass near Sisters, Or that is closed every summer because of snow. You are never, never boring. Love reading the blogs and keep them coming. Continue to be safe and have fun.
Love
Judy

Ann said...

Absolutely incredible and breathtaking!!!!!