Thursday, August 26, 2010

DAY 57: "The Long, Long Trailer, starring Chuck & Liz!!"

DAY 57: Ashton, Idaho - August 25, 2010
Temperature:  Low: 38 / High: 80 (lovellllllly)


So I bet you can't guess what we just finished doing??  Go on, guess.....I'll wait............

Ok, if your mind is out of the gutter now, just say "Oh, I bet you just watched that fantastically funny old movie with Lucy and Desi called "The Long, Long Trailer".......and WOW...you'd be right!

I have had a hankering (where'd that word come from??) since we've been on this trip to rent that movie and watch it.  I don't know why.....possibly Lucy and Desi remind me of Liz and Chuck.....ALOT like Liz and Chuck as a matter of fact.  What a wonderful end to a beautiful day!  Chuck laughed himself silly throughout the whole thing....

If you've never seen this movie, go rent it and tell me what you think.  The only thing I couldn't relate to was Lucy liked to cook and was good at it..... I have no idea what that's like......

Today we went Waterfall Scouting......which means, basically, we scouted out waterfalls!  And boy-howdy, did we find them!  Beautiful, lovely, alluring, delightful, engaging, ravishing, stunning, magnificent, drop-dead gorgeous, easy-on-the-eye, killer waterfalls!  Ahhhhh....I could never tire of looking at waterfalls.....



AND, we saw a field being plowed or something by "hand"....now, when is the last time you saw a bunch of dudes plowing a field without their air conditioned tractor cab listening to their Ipod??  Ummmm....NEVER!

And let me tell you just a bit about the little town of Ashton, Idaho.  They have a population of around 1,200.....one grocery store (which looks like it used to be the car wash); the post office has two employees, which means no mail carrier, therefore, everyone is required to have a PO Box (I find this out only after I've given everyone that sends me work mail the physical address...ugh).....a pretty nice pizza joint;

a drive-in like Kellers....and gas is about $3.05 for regular here.  There is a small pharmacy in a medical office that, when I went in this morning to get an Rx refill, the girl had to put her Suduko puzzle down.....not too much going on around here...  There is a 2-story hotel, but no one is staying there right now.....but my new friends Gary, Gary and Gary are all still staying at the RV park we're at and Gary is going to bring me a rainbow trout tomorrow!  Does anyone know what to do with a rainbow trout??

Tomorrow........we're headed to the Tetons

6 comments:

Pat Pond said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pat Sayers said...

I bought that movie for my parents the year they bought their RV.

Pat

Dan Bush said...

You're supposed to clean it and COOK IT Liz! :-/

Regards,

Dan

Israel said...

Goooooooooodddd morning Liz/Chuck, aren't you glad we live in America....land of the free, thank God for the beauty of it all!!

Israel

Jacquetta said...

All sounds wonderful and p.s. - I wouldn't have any idea what to do witha rainbow trout!!!!!!!

Ant ellie said...

I love the root beer mug on top of the diner.....and the waterfalls are super, especially the last one, it is just like a mini niagara falls....super!

sure do enjoy your blogs!
ant ellie