Wednesday, September 1, 2010

DAY 64: Adios Idaho....Hello Salt Lake City....& A Liz-Look-Alike....

DAY 64:  Salt Lake City, UT - September 1, 2010

Goodbye Idaho!

We scadoodled out of VERY WET and VERY COLD Idaho this morning a whole day early.....We were starting to feel like we were being held hostage in Idaho cause we had already paid for our time there and there were no refunds.....and we were SOOOOOOOOO ready to leave Idaho.......
Click to Enlarge


So, we received the "sign" to leave Idaho (beautiful rainbow, huh??!) and arrived in sunny Salt Lake City!

Ahhhhhh......beautiful RV park with GRASS (opposed to gravel)....concrete pads (opposed to gravel) and actual paved roads (opposed to gravel).....Ahhhhhh....Life Is Good!!

These two ladies are our Camp Hosts here in Salt Lake City.....I'm predicting this will be FUN!


But before we left Idaho, I received a call from the OSU womens basketball camp to see if I would be interested in playing for them this coming year.....So, after a quick trip to Oregon and performing a dribble drill for them, I headed back to cold and wet Idaho.....I'm still waiting to hear if I made the team or not!
P.S.  The picture above was sent to me by my friends Travis and Jacquetta from Oregon.  They saw this picture in their local newspaper the other day and were amazed (as was I) how much this gal and I look alike.....There was no photoshopping done here, folks!

10 comments:

Jacquetta said...

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regina said...

Cool! My only question is, do you have the tats as well?

Ellen said...

Your twin...creepy. I particularly like the tats.

Doylene said...

I understand we all have look alikes, but do you have a Liz Club? There is a Doylene Club and there are 3 Doylenes in Mt. Vernon/Mt. Pleasant…cool!
Glad you are in beautiful Utah. We love Salt Lake City, one of our favorites. How do I get rid of these dots?

Have fun! Doy

Cynthia said...

I'm finally catching up to the 21st century... I have my computer working again..

WE just read your blog.. Ken thought that was you playing basketball.. I said, NO it's her lookalike...
I think he still thinks it's you... How funny ..

We are all ready for you two to come home.. It's cooler here now.. and so cloudy this morning that you can smell the rain... so come on rain.. we need you..

I'm so glad you are doing o.k. and enjoying your time away... I will be in Canton next month in my TRAILOR..I can't wait.. I'ts been months since I went anyplace.. well really YEARS now.. at least 2...so it's time I got away for a few days..

I don't know much else.. this weekend is RODEO weekend.. so I will be working Sat. for the parade..
I hope you two have a great day.. and remember we all love you back here in TEXAS...

Bye for now..
Cynthia and Ken...

Israel said...

Well, I'll tell you Liz, life here in the Springs is grand, it's cooling off a bit, but still awesome, today will be in the 70s, but still great then a little warmer this weekend. Happy trails to you!!

Israel

Lisa said...

Yea!!!!! Salt Lake City!!!!! You are getting closer to home…….Sept 30th will be here sooner than you think. Going to the lake in the am. Love you guys….travel safe and have fun! Love you LIS

Jacquetta said...

love it - great story, right? Right!

jacquetta

Marlene said...

Gorgeous rainbow!!!!!! I seriously thought that photo was photoshopped! That's kinda freaky! lol

Carla said...

WOW that does look like you!!! Hope ya'll are enjoying Salt Lake City. Can't wait to hear more. I hope you get to ride one of their hedgeways.....I think that is what they are called. You must post a picture of you riding on one!!

Love,

Carla