Friday, September 3, 2010

DAY 66: Don't Follow Me....I'm Lost!!!

DAY 66:  Salt Lake City, UT

Ahhhhh.....today we enjoyed a relaxing, enjoyable cruise thru Emigration Canyon on the EAST side of beautiful Salt Lake City...

But not before we made a wrong turn and ended up at the Salt Lake City Airport  on the WEST side of town....

It doesn't matter how many maps I print off, or how much I research out a particular ride; we ARE going to go the wrong direction.  Now, I hesitate to use the word "Lost" cause I don't ever really consider myself "Lost"....... I'm just misdirected; I'm map-challenged; I've gone astray.....but I'm not lost.......

So, after working our way out of the airport which, by the way, is a very nice airport, we ended up in a part of town that.....well......I don't think we should have been in.  It was about this time, we decided to pull over, have a cup of coffee (which appeared to be laughing at us!) and actually look and listen to the GPS on the bike.

And low and behold; the GPS took us right to Emigration Canyon!  Go figure.......
Imigration Canyon
Imigration Canyon

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

We have loved the blogs.. imigration canyon is just beautiful.. glad I was there to see it..:) I love you two and enjoy hearing from you and reading the wonderful blogs.. I have loved this trip..
We love you both.....:)
Cynthia and Ken

Ant Ellie said...

A smiling cup of coffee.....how neat....sell it on ebay. what beautiful country.
ant ellie

Jacquetta said...

Beautiful pictures.

Glenda said...

I love Emigration Canyon!! I really like Salt Lake!! (what Texas Methodist wouldn't????!)
When we lived in Steamboat Springs we visited my brother in SLC on many occasions and that took us coming through the east side!!!! Loved it!! Particularly the fall and early winter!!

Love ya!