Tuesday, September 21, 2010

DAY 84: What?? No Comment About My Nascar Picture???

DAY 84: The Armpit of America (Amarillo, Tx) - September 21, 2010


Well, I have to admit......I'm just a bit disappointed.


Yesterday's Blog reflected a picture of Liz in a Nascar outfit and no one seemed to notice.........it took me at least 15 minutes to photoshop my head over Danika Patrick's.......the least you guys can do is notice......work with me here folks!!

Today started out weird......

First, Kruger the 1-claw cat got out of the RV for only the 2nd time in the past 3 months.  Of course it would be today; the day we planned on getting an early start for a long day on the road......errrrrrrr.....but Chuck went out and did some type of "cat call" and the cat came home.  And then Murphy proceeded to throw up on Chuck's chair.......Actually, that was kinda funny......Geeezzz.......

And then we had the problem of how to get out of our RV spot......we had trees, swing sets, boulder rocks, a truck, a steep hill and an ancient 5th wheel trailer to work around......I was about half in and half out when Harvey, the owner of the RV park drove up in his little golf cart and said, "What yer doin' goin' that-a-way?  I told yer yestERday to head on out the utter way."  And yes, he did...but what he didn't tell me was how I was suppose to make a left turn out of my spot, avoiding the picnic table, the tree, the neighbors pickup...and then an immediate right turn trying to avoid another tree, HIS house and the hot tub.  So, this seemed like the best alternative.  Finally manuevered my way out of there, barely missing his cute little golf cart.....

We drove through some more beautiful mountains, used my trusty friend, Mr. Jake Brake, and couldn't seem to "shake" a slow little Toyota Prius that kept finding itself in front of me on a 2-lane highway for 200 miles.

Said Goodbye to gorgeous Colorado, hello to New Mexico....then Goodbye to New Mexico and HELLLLLO to Texas......

Tomorrow.......Goodbye Texas.....Hello Oklahoma!



8 comments:

Barry said...

I'm sure all the guys noticed. Cute as usual. Maybe you should consider profile shots with face turned over shoulder looking at camera to receive more commentary. :-). LOL.
Barry Crow

James said...

Hey Liz I was gonna point out that you actually are posing on an IRL race car, not a NASCAR. But given your aspirations to be Danika, it seemed kinda petty. We'll refer to you as "IRLIZ".

Ant Ellie said...

What happened to "pull through" sites? Especially if they advertise them and you rely on them....errrrrh!
Sorry I didn't notice the photoshop job on another racer's body.....it looked like it could have
been you....I figured you conned some racing fan to let you get your picture taken in his jacket
and headgear.....sorry.....it just seemed so normal. I will have to get my eyes checked.
Ya'll take care and stay safe.
ant ellie

Julie said...

"I figured you some how actually worked your way into suiting up and driving this car! I just wouldn't have put it past ya!"

Cherie said...

U GO GIRL!!!!"

Carla said...

Well.....I thought you looked really good as a NASCAR driver. So when will you actually be home.....tomorrow or you already home? What am I going to read every night now?

Hope to see you soon.

Carla

Lulu said...

"i really enjoy ur travels.. an friends u meet an things u see i think its awesome GOd brought the 2 recent widowers to u.. i kno u made em smile for a lil while..."

Lulu said...

"Your an amazingingly wonderful lady when GOD speaks you answer.. You have that closeness we can see it in you.. I love your sense of humor, your daringness to go forth and do IT and stop and smell all roses along way an speak kindly to those who need friends.. My love and prayers go with you and also for your 2 widowed friends I know the aching in their hearts.. GOD BLESS YOU"