Saturday, September 25, 2010

DAY 88: Brady Was WRONG......Liz Was RIGHT

DAY 88:  Somewhere in Oklahoma - September 25, 2010

Please disregard my "helmet hair"......please......
Are ya seein' how happy my sis and I are??  Why.....we were as happy as a couple gophers in soft dirt today......

Not only was I happy cause I spent the day with my sister, who I've missed terribly while on the road, BUT........I also was very happy cause........wait for it.........I was RIGHT and Brady was WRONG......

Now, you must understand, I love my brother-in-law, Brady, very very much, and he is "almost" always right....about everything.  It's even been known to be a little annoying at times....This man can BACK a 45' motorhome, with a car, a motorcycle trailer and a boat ALL ATTACHED, from Dallas to Kansas City and never miss a beat.  I've never seen anything like it......

But unfortunately for Brady, today was not one of those "always right" days!  Long story short, which I will not bore you with cause, afterall, the only important thing is........I was RIGHT and he was WRONG and he was required to bow to me (repeatedly......cause I wouldn't let up on him) and say, "Liz Was Right.....Brady Was Wrong"..........Awww....that has such a N-I-C-E sound to it........

I have to say, he handled it with grace (well, after he picked his head up off the table).........

But poor Charlie was having a day much like Brady........his day started out accidently backing into the shower door with his butt, knocking it off its tract; and as he went into the shower stall to set it back on tract, he now bumped the cold water handle causing the shower to spray him right in the face.  Bless his heart.....I had just enough time to grab my camera and snap this picture.............before handing him a towel......

And we wrapped up this wonderful day sitting around a campfire with our new neighbors, James and Barb, swapping RV war stories.......between all three couples, trust me, we could write a book of stories......Hey, we should do that!!

Oh ya, we also noticed some geese today heading south for the winter........always a good sign summer is over and winter is just around the corner, right??!!.......Well, these geese were two sandwiches short of a picnic cause they just couldn't get it right......once they made a "Y"; which was close, but no cigar........then they made a lopsided "X"; and then moved the formation into an "M"........And finally concluded by making a formation that resembed a 747 jetliner.....which, I'm figuring, will get them to their destination quicker.......

I'm suspecting an early winter, folks.........

4 comments:

Chuck Biggs said...

You are a great and funny writer. Tell Chuck Hi.

Del said...

Thanks Liz for the blow by blow heads up on your brother-in "low"... glad you are having a wonderful trip! (I'm jealous)" Del

Sherrie said...

"I love the pic, love the blog, love the friendship. Glad your almost home."

Anonymous said...

you are so funny