Saturday, October 9, 2010

Dad's Twittering His Way To Being a Beck-A-Holic!!

October 9, 2010 - Twitterville, Texas


In my infinite wisdom, I have discovered that most people are either Beck-a-holics or Beck-a-haters......of course I'm speaking of Glenn Beck of Fox News.  Our household happens to be Beck-aholics.

Unfortunately, we have some immediate family members of ours (I won't name names, BUT.....your initials are JC & JCG) that are, well.........unenlightened.  They have been "brainwashing" my father into thinking Mr. Beck is "evil", "malicious" and yes, even "sinister".  Obviously, they have no idea what they're talking about and, unfortunately, he pays more attention to JC & JCG than he does Liz......

So yesterday, at 3:57 pm, I texted my father that he had 3 minutes before Glenn Beck's show came on.  He promptly texted me back that he "was too busy to turn the TV on".....and THAT, my friends, is when I had a SPLENDIFEROUS idea!   I decided to Twitter him through the hour long show.....

So every 3 minutes for the next hour, I texted him what had happened during the prior 3 minutes.  I could picture him sitting at his desk trying to work and his iPhone zinging him every 3 minutes with what Beck was doing and saying.  Here's a small sampling of our Twitter conversation:

LIZ:  "It's time 4 u to turn on Glenn Beck....u have 3 minutes."
DAD: "I'm busy. Working..no time for politics now. Love YA."
LIZ: "No problem...I'll twitter u what he's saying...no need to thank me..."
DAD: "Save your battery."
LIZ: "Ur worth it...."
DAD:  "I'm in the car going to bank"
LIZ: "No problem....I will keep u informed...comm'l break"
DAD: "Cops says I can't text while driving..."
LIZ: "Ok, just read then...don't text back..."
DAD: (No reply)
LIZ: "Comm'l break...final thoughts coming up shortly.....next time, turn on Glenn Beck & I won't torture u with Twitters."

It might be my imagination, but I think he's very, very close to being a Beck-a-holic!!

5 comments:

Mary Werning said...

I really like Glenn Beck. He knows his stuff. I just dont like him mixiing church and state. We know where come in the future.

Lulu said...

"u r soo adorable an amusing u must be daddys girl to get by with what u
do

Ellen said...

Do I know who that JC is??????

Liz said...

BTW, JC (your JC) said you were as fanatical as I am about Mr. Beck......I took that as a compliment!!

Lois said...

Love the picture of you and your Dad! I'm sure you must have made the bib! Love, Lois