Thursday, October 7, 2010

Ready For Another LizBay??

Wednesday, October 6, 2010


HAPPY BIRTHDAY,
KRIS!

I actually "baked" a cake today......or is it "cooked"a cake??.......no, I'm pretty sure I "baked" a cake............for my friend and neighbor, Kris.  It's her B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y.....
My cake is the one on FIRE......
Interesting thing happened on the cake......after I baked or cooked the cake, Chuck helped me out by "icing" the cake....or is it "frosting" the cake......no, I think he put icing on it..... Unfortunately, we ran a little short on the icing or frosting.....and the cake part was kinda showing through....did I say kinda??  I meant REALLY showing through.   We had 15 minutes before we needed to head out the door with the cake and it looked weird.  Really weird.....

As I stared at the freaky looking cake, I had a sudden blood increase to the brain and remembered I had put faux flowers on and around a cake this had happened to me before on.  I rushed to my craft room and grabbed some faux flowers and WHALLA!!!  A very pretty cake........at least thats what everyone said!

Are you ready for another LIZBAY??   For those of you who aren't familiar with LizBay, let me explain.  I started LizBay (Liz's version of Ebay) years ago when we moved from Dallas to the lake full time.  At that time, we had two houses full of furniture and I needed to sell lots and lots of furniture and stuff.  I tried having an actual auction, but my friends were too twitchy that they would insult me by bidding too low, so no one bid on anything.  So I had to approach LizBay from a different angle.  I knew I had stuff my friends wanted to buy, so I decided to put a price on each item (like "Craigs List" before Craig had a list....) and whoever emailed me first, got the item.  All items were negotiable and I priced them fairly, so they all went quick.

Now I am preparing for another LizBay.  It's been a few years since we've had one and I have a lot less stuff, so I need your help.  If you have "good" stuff; furniture, appliances, decorative items, etc., and are needing to sell it, or if you have a small business that makes cool stuff, email me with a picture and description and we'll get it on the website.  I will put your email address on the item and you and the buyer can negotiate the sale directly.  I will take care of everything else.  And the best part??  You get 100% of the sale of your item(s).  Yep, that's right......I make nothing off of the sale of your stuff (unless you'd like to make a donation to the "Murphy-Needs-New-Shoes" Fund).......

No clothes, please.........but the stuff I have found that sells quickly are Furniture and Decorative Items.....And you must be prepared to sell your stuff at rock-bottom prices.  So if you're looking for some extra $$ for Christmas AND clean up the house, let me help you out.  All I ask is you remember to send me a Holiday Card at Christmas......I'm soooooo easy.......

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Nice!!!"