Sunday, November 14, 2010

Child of Mine - Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3




JACQUELYN "ELIZABETH" CARVER



I felt like someone had punched me in the stomach.

I wanted to throw-up.....

It all seemed so unreal.....things like this just didn't happen to our family.

Jacque came out of the surgery......still alive.  Barely.  The next few hours and days were the most critical........The details of the accident on the playground at her school started coming in....the swing set fell and had hit the back of her head......crushed her skull.....she stopped breathing in the Care Flight to the hospital......she was in a coma......she was alive......she was a miracle.

As the days turned into weeks which turned into months, she grew stronger and stronger.....relearning basic skills like how to swallow....how to walk......how to deal with double vision.  It would be months before she would have her stomach feeding tube removed and be able to eat solid food again.  But over the next few months, we started seeing our spunky, determined little Jax slowly returning to us......

And this experience changed my life too.  It opened my eyes to how dear life is; how quickly it can be snatched away and how I needed to make changes in my own life; it helped me have the courage to close a chapter in my life that needed to be closed.  I found myself ending my marriage.

5 comments:

Linda Bolton said...

-You are such a good with the words. Linda B.

Sherry said...

Great story. You made me think about my relationships. How important they are

Sherry said...

Great story. You made me think about my relationships. How important they are

Israel said...

Blessings to you all!!!

Israel

Donna & Jug said...

Liz,


Thank you for including me in on your blogs….I truly enjoy reading them. Your chapters about your Jax are very inspiring and I look forward to hearing the entire story.



Donna