Monday, November 15, 2010

Child of Mine - Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4




JACQUELYN "ELIZABETH" CARVER-GREENWOOD


Fast Forward 18 years.   It is now Wednesday, April 30, 2008.  

Our precious, spunky, petite Jax no longer has the cute freckles on her nose and has healed nicely......and has met the man of her dreams.  Matt.  They dated a zillion years, read each others minds, finished each others sentences and played hard together.  They were a perfect couple!

This was their wedding day.  A day, 18 years earlier, we worried she might not live to see.

Now, a lot can be said about that day that I am going to leave unsaid.........but I WILL say I was a sniveling, choked-up, weeping, happy "Goober of An Aunt" ALL day.......

I watched as our little girl, whose hand I had held and fingers I had counted a million times over the years, was given to Matt....I couldn't have picked a better man to entrust with our little girl.....

And now, two years later, she is turning 30.  THIRTY!  I keep asking myself how this can be??   Wasn't it just yesterday that, while in my yellow and pink PJ's with the kittens on them,  I was hanging up the phone after finding out I was going to be an aunt and wondering what my unborn niece would be like in 30 years.......
And could it really have been 20 years ago that I sat in the hospital pleading with God to let her live so she could grow up, get married and see the ripe old age of 30??

She's better than I could have ever dreamed.......

I Love You To the Moon and Back My Precious 
Jax

Happy Birthday
from your very, very proud
Aunt Liz

15 comments:

Judy Boyles said...

That is truly awesome!. Her life is a miracle from God. Thanks for the beautiful story. Have you thought of writing a book? You are really good at this. Holding attention, suspense, etc, etc, etc. J I love your blogs

Judy Boyles

Ann Holland said...

What a wonderful story …..

Judy Hammack said...

I have so enjoyed this story from your perspective. I have kept up with Jacque all these same years
and have worried, fretted, thought about, wondered about, and loved so dearly and am so very proud
her!!!!! Need I say more?!!!!!!!!!!
Love ya,
Judy

Judy Hammack said...

P.S. No one could have done a more touching and appropriate tribute to her than you. You did great--fantastic--and all that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nanda said...

By the way… I LOVE your blogs!

Nanda

Denise Kohler said...

Thanks for messing my makeup up with tears Liz , ha ! I love your stories, Can't wait to read more. Love ya, Denise

Barry Crow said...

SWEET

Nancy said...

YOU MAKE ME CRYYYYY!!!!
Great story, Liz. You are one Great Aunt! Can I be your adopted neice?!?!?!

Smiles & Hugs,
Nancy

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Debbie said...

Driving crying and texting. "You know what" is not my problem insanity is. Thanks for loving me

Darcy said...

awesome Liz - lovely photos and words. got a little choked up. Jax is blessed to have you!

jacquetta said...

I love this love story between you two. Thanks for sharing. jp

Nicki and Chuck said...

This has been so heart warming. At first we were really sad not knowing what was to come in later chapters. Thank God she came through it and is able to enjoy a good life and thank you for sharing a very personal experience. Can't start to imagine what those early days must have been like !!!

Love,

Chuck & Nicki

Mary Lee & Tom said...

I just caught up on e-mails & reading all my mm blogs that I missed while gone. You are a writer girlfriend. Very moving.
(oh, and glad ya'll didn't have our cell numbers - not for 4 a.m.) Ha
Luv ya, Mary Lee

Jacquetta said...

I love you with all my heart and you love me, we are all good. Nothing could make me feel prouder or more loved. I appreciate it with all my heart I love you and just hope I can give you the same kind of love that you offer to me.