Thursday, November 11, 2010

Peace Be With You

East Texas - November 11, 2010



Ahhhhh.....I just love Fall in East Texas........There's no where I'd rather be than to witness the spectacular, jaw-dropping sunsets we have here.....or the "crisp" dewy mornings with the fog rising off the lake......Any problems I may be experiencing come to a halt.........they seriously put themselves on "hold".

There's just nothing like it.....



I'm at Peace


I haven't always been at peace, though.  I have had "hurts" in my life over the past couple of years that literally stopped me in my tracks.......changed me forever......things I still struggle to move past.   But during my search for answers and a conclusion to these "hurts", I have also discovered a wonderful thing.....

Peace  

I found Philippians 4:6.  "Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.  Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."

Don't you just love that??  I found that scripture exactly 621 days ago...........the day I layed those "hurts" that were stabbing my heart, at His feet.......

Tonight, while at a get-together with some girlfriends, I was reminded of that text........and how very thankful I am that, although I still struggle with conclusion to these past "hurts", I have been blessed with Peace.  It's as close as my lips whispering in God's ear........

Peace Be With You

14 comments:

Debbie said...

My greatest wish for you has come true, “The peace that passes understanding”, unless you experience it, you can’t understand it. No matter what ----- NEVER let it slip through your grasp.

With all I am, I love you

Judy Boyles said...

How very beautiful you put that. And how true! Thank you.

Ant Ellie said...

God is the best person to talk to as he never gossips.
that sunset is so pretty...and the fall leaves--what depth of color.
that is real peaceful.
ant ellie

I love you both lots and lots.

Doylene said...

And Peace with you, my sister! It was a wonderful evening and I thank God for my East Texas memories and friends.
Love, Doy

Mary Bane said...

WOW!!

Nancy said...

AMEN. What truth you speak! Thanks for the blog chock full of encouragement. God bless you, Liz. (And dear Chuck too, of course!)

Brenda said...

Thanks for sharing this with me today.
That precious peace! My mind and my
emotions long for Gods precious peace.
He is just waiting to give it to me. Waiting
for me to be still and except it. But sometimes
He even has to give me the strength to
lay the things at his feet. And when I think of
what my worries are not about I wonder
why I worry at all. I have been sooo blessed.

Liz said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, precious peace. There is no better spot than to be under the wings of our Living God. Love you tons. TOL

Georgia said...

And with you!!!

Israel said...

Here goes one for you,.....Call on to me and I'll answer you, and show you great and mighty things which you don't know. Jer. 33:3. Have a great day!!!

Israel

Dan and Darlene said...

Wow, that was good Liz...and the pictures were pretty good too!!!

Have the leaves really started turning yet or do they need a week or two more?

Dan

Mary Lee & Tom said...

Hi from Hawaii!!! We are having a blast. Peace from our father, it is awsome!!!! love it.

Mary Lee

Julie said...

Liz, this one was for me tonight. Struggling with so many hurts.....thank you.

Julie

dad said...

I learn from my DAUGHTER speak about a blessing A DAUGHTER IS A BLESSING jc