Friday, December 31, 2010

Let's See How I Did On Last Year's Resolutions......

Friday, December 31, 2010


"Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve.  
Middle age is when you're forced to."


Well my Bloggerites, it's that time of year again.  Time to be making New Year's resolutions and looking to the future, however, I thought it might be more entertaining to look at my last year's resolutions and see how well I did.......Ready?  Here we go......


1)  I am not going to dread meeting with the CPA.  SUCCESS

Yep, thats right......for the first time in many years.....well.....for the first time EVER, Mr. Stein did not scare the bageebees out of me each time he called or emailed me.  My blood pressure remained under 160/120 each time I heard from him.  Thanks for not scaring me, Chuck!!!

2)  I Will Stop Driving My Car With My Knees.  FAILURE

There are times when it is simply necessary to drive the car with your knees....you know, like when you need to eat or hook up your iPod or smack Chuck for saying you have a "bald spot".....

3)  I Will Think of a Password Other than "Password".  SUCCESS

My new password is I DONT KNOW.  No one will ever think of that....

4)  I Will Stop Taking My Shoe Off and Beating the Printer When It Doesn't Work Right.  SUCCESS

I have joined a Blogger-Anonymous group called "Shoe-Beating Stuff That Doesn't Work".  Also, my father was kind enough to replace the last printer I beat with my shoe the year before.  Unfortunately, this resolution did not apply to overhead projectors........

5)  I Will Replace Murphy's Senator McCain Doll With A Barack Obama Doll.  FAILURE.

I couldn't locate an Obama doll that Murphy was interested in, so he got a pink monkey called Myrtle instead.

6)  I Resolve To Stop Hiding Around the Corner and Going "BOO" When Chuck Comes Out of the Bathroom....SUCCESS...sordof

Does it count that I've really cut down on how many times I do this to him??

7)  I Will Stop Using the Jake Brakes on the Motorhome Just To Scare the People in Front of Me.  FAILURE

This is simply too much fun to do......

8)  Speaking of Brakes, I Resolve to Stop Slamming On The Brakes When Chuck Falls Asleep on the Back of the Motorcycle.  SUCCESS

I have installed a seat belt instead.

9)  I Resolve Not To Use My Taser on a Loved One...Unless They Tick Me Off.....SUCCESS

This is only a success cause I used my taser too much and it broke.

10)  I Will Find Chuck A New Hearing Aid This Year.  FAILURE

I've just learned to yell louder, speak lower and automatically repeat everything I say....repeat everything I say.

I think I did pretty good!!!


"May all your troubles last as long as your New Year's resolutions!"



6 comments:

Frosty said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!

Frosty

jacquetta said...

Murphy and his doll is darling but keep looking for an Obama so he can "go at it"!!!!!

jacquetta said...

You aren't kidding! We have stayed home on new year's eve for several years. Have no desire to get out!

Israel said...

Liz, just so you know, I have no New Years resolutions, I just do what I have to do, and that's that, how's that for a resolution?

Israel

Ant Ellie said...

I missed your blog so much....it caused withdrawal symptoms! I love you lots and lots and am going to follow along with the Bible on that link.
All my love to you both,
ant ellie

Anonymous said...

hahaha! i love it. you're hilarious.