Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Am Bewitched by Bald Trees, Bald Charlies & Good Friends.....

February 15, 2011


Is it just me or do the bare winter trees look oddly bewitching this year?  For the past couple months, I've had this strange urge to photograph bald trees....



Speaking of "bald', my bald husband Charlie and I took a trip to Brenham last week to visit our friends Norm and Sue.  

Unfortunately, on the way there, Chuck took a little "spill" at the gas station while walking Murphy, who was now freely chasing a chick dog down the highway.......For those of you in the Chuck-Fan-Club; he is fine.  Between picking Charlie up off the concrete and chasing Murphy down the road,
it all made for quite an entertaining time for the passers-by.

But words can't express how happy I was to see my dear friends Norm and Sue.  I have had the most overwhelming "need" to see them over the past few months and we finally, FINALLY were able to make it down there without a snow storm or 104 fever stopping us.

I just needed to hug Sue......I needed to talk to Sue......I needed to look in her eyes and make sure she was okay.......I needed to sit quietly on the porch with my friend and a cup of coffee.......

2 comments:

Dan and Darlene said...

Glad to hear Chuck is OK, that boo boo looks painful!

Dan

Judy Williams said...

I really like your pictures of bald trees! Great Photography. Backgrounds are really beautiful.