Thursday, March 17, 2011

DAY 2: GI Joe and the FBI.......

March 17, 2011 - Quantico, VA

DAY 2
Well, well, well.........it would APPEAR as though your's truly (yes, thats me!) has a few "connections" in the right places......yep, I actually know "higher up's" at the F.B.I (DA DUM....DADUM).......I would tell you exactly how high up the higher up is, but then I'd have to kill ya, so trust me when I tell you; it's WAYYYYYY up!!!   Armed with this kind of "connections", we were given a personal tour of the F.B.I. (DA-DUM....DADUM) facilities this afternoon.  I, unfortunately, didn't learn any "secret" "covert" or "hush-hush" secrets, but for awhile, I did pretend to be Jennifer Garner from Alias!!!  WAY too cool........

(We did a chance to do an FBI Line-up in front of the Headquarters, though......)

Before we headed to the F.B.I. (DA DUM....DADUM), we were fortunate enough to watch our main man, Lance, along with his platoon practicing on the field for tomorrow's graduation.  He was so handsome in his little outfit!!  But before we could grab him and hug him vigorously, we were scooted off to listen to his leader tell us how the last 10 weeks have gone for our guy and his troop.  

As we left the building, there stood our GI Joe standing at attention with his platoon patiently waiting for those orders that allowed him to relax and hug his family at last.......the family that had been so intently waiting on the sidelines for 10 long weeks.  I've got to tell ya, it was a wonderful feeling to see and hug our boy again.  

Tomorrow is the BIG day.......he graduates and will officially be a 2nd Lieutenant this time tomorrow.  Us girls who are heading on to Washington DC tomorrow night for a couple days, are doing our best to convince him to go with us and spend the weekend in DC......I think we are "thiiiiiisssssss" close to convincing him to spend the weekend with a bunch of old ladies.........Fingers Crossed......

See ya tomorrow......

P.S.  BTW, in case you're wondering what the "DA DUM...DADUM" is; if you're over the age of 45 and remember the old TV show called "The F.B.I." with Efren Zimbalist, Jr., you'll know that was the theme song for it......most of you are having an "Ahhh  Haaaa" moment right now, aren't you??!!!

At FBI Headquarters

3 comments:

Ant ellie said...

Thank you so much for blogging re the graduation, Lance and all that you have been up to....thanks.
ant ellie

Judy said...

Johnny and I are headed to Quantico in May for Matthew's graduation from Chief Warrant Officer School. I would love a run down of where you stayed, what to see, etc. when you have the time, once you are back home.

We are so excited to see him graduate and see the sites!

Margie Champlin said...

You All Should Be PROUD...
What a handsome young man!
I am impressed, personal tour of the FBI Headquarters, WOW!!!!
Margie