Friday, April 8, 2011

My Day With Mom......

Friday, April 8. 2011


Yesterday, I visited with my dear sweet Mom.......awwwww......there's never a dull moment when us Calloway-women head out on an adventure........


As we were preparing to leave her home at Springfield Senior Living Center and head to Wal-Mart, we noticed a dude getting out of his car across the street carrying a guitar.   Mom was waving at him and mentioned to me that he sings and plays his guitar for them on a regular basis.  Since we didn't want to miss the gig, I asked him to play us something before we left and, after getting my favorite hymn, he proceeded to play and sing Amazing Grace right there in the middle of this lovely residential street.  Mom and I, of course, chimed right in, totally mindless of what we must have sounded like to the neighbors (we're not known for our singing voices...ugh)  Too much fun!!

We continued singing our way on down to the dandy local Wal-Mart where we met my sister, Debbie.  She had come from work to help us frighten all the Wal-Mart shoppers with our cart-driving abilities.   As she was helping me get Mom out of the car and into her wheelchair, I noticed she had a super cool green shirt on that looked REAL familiar to me.......

Familiar cause it was MINE!  It was an old shirt of Lance's that he had given me a few weeks ago which she stole when we were in Washington DC......She was promptly ordered to take it off right there in the dandy Wal-Mart parking lot and hand it over right then and there.......our mother was very very very disappointed in her for stealing it from her little sister.............yes disappointed indeed......very very disappointed......

As we wrapped up our Wal-Mart trip, we found a real chic looking style for Mom which she modeled for everyone at the dandy Wal-Mart......and now Murphy's Mom Blog!!!

6 comments:

Israel said...

Just cute Liz!!

Israel

Bonnie and Dick said...

Liz-she is still so beautiful----I think I see you in many, many years, of course.
Bonnie

Debbie said...

"This from the heavy equipment thief Mom was proud of me for pulling one over
on you. "

Lulu said...

I luv that ur mom is soo beautiful....

Sharon said...

She is so cute...tell her I love her and miss her!!!"

Cherie said...

that is such a great picture!