Friday, July 29, 2011

DAY 25: OMGoodness......

DAY 25: Black Bear Pass, Ouray to Telluride, CO
TEMP:  55 - 70 Degrees


OMGoodness

Remember me telling you about the ALL DAY, scary, cliff-hanging 4-wheeling I was going to do at Black Bear Pass? Well, I LIVED and have the pictures to prove it!!  
Bill

But before I let the pictures do the talking for me, let me just say we had the most awesome 150 year old driver named Bill taking us up this mountain; and then down; and then up again; and then down.....AWESOME!!  He is a fellow Texan and has been coming back to Colorado every year from June - Sept. for 40 years giving this Jeep tour.  
Thousands of Sheep

The trip started in Ouray, went to Telluride and then back to Ouray thru the Imogene Pass.  We drove through a herd of thousands of sheep with their sheep herder living in a tent with his horse;  some of the hairpin turns required us to go down them BACKWARDS; some of the roads were so steep, we had to stop and put snow on the radiator to cool it down; and the views were beyond breathtaking.  
Waterfall on way to Telluride

If any of you are atheists out there, I encourage you to see what I have seen over the past week and you will know, without a shadow of a doubt, there is a God in control.....

One with vision beyond anything we can imagine.  
Bill and I had a "special" bond..
Hanging off the mountain....
Bill giving us a history lesson

Fellow Texan on the tour....
Assembly line adding snow to radiator
Snow packed radiator

Made it to the top!!
View of the Red Mountains...
All the jeeps ended up having to back all the way up
Bill made me get out and take this picture 

12 comments:

Troy said...

I am reading your blogs and it look beautiful.
Thanks again,
Troy

Israel said...

Awesome pics ...And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he seas: and God saw that it was good. Gen. 1:10

Israel

Debra Blackwell said...

Dear Liz,
First, let me tell you I have been immensely blessed since you became a part of my life again. The electronic age has much to answer for, but e-mail and fb are part of the better aspects.
I have a HUGE favor to ask. Would you consider putting some of your fabulous nature pictures on a cd for me. Many would provide me with great inspiration for paintings. Even ones with people or human artifacts in them can be used. I've copied a few from the blogs but they make pretty small pictures because of the resolution reduction for transmission. I could even send a picture of the
painting so you could compare. Usually not exact, but still recognizable. Pretty please?
And again, I truly enjoy your very obvious zest for life, your sense of the absurd, and love of God.
Love you, Debra

Lulu Mae said...

SOO Beautiful SOOO scarey.."

Liz Hurt said...

UNBELIEVABLE!!! I'm dying to send the link to Black Bear Pass to my son Matt, but I'm afraid he would quit his job and head out there right now!!!! What is it with men????

Ben said...

I would have furnished y'all with ski poles! LOL

Barry Crow said...

AWESOME Pics, Im not fond of heights guess being a native Texan Im partial to flat land LOL

Sallie said...

Great trip Liz. Love your blog!!!

Liz Hurt said...

I absolutely love you to pieces! Unfortunately (?), we think alike!!!

Kathy said...

Glad you are safe!! Clarksville? Oh my gosh. Yes, it IS a small world after all J Can’t wait to get your next blog!! I wish I was there too!! Maybe next time J
Love,
Kathy

Uncle Ray said...

Great jeep tour by the old guy. Thanks, Ray

Cheryl said...

"I saw this when we were on trailridge in Rocky Mtn Natl park earlier thus month !