Monday, July 11, 2011

DAY 8: Happy Birthday, My Friend Israel.......

DAY 8:  July 11, 2011 - Manitou Springs, CO
TEMP:  75 Degrees


About four years ago, soon after we purchased our first RV, Chuck and I came to Manitou Springs for the very first time.  We had only planned on staying a couple days.....long enough to zoom up Pikes Peak on the trike and then head home.......but something happened when we arrived in this whimsical little town.  We fell in love with it........and we stayed a week.

Before we headed up Pikes Peak on the trike that year, we high-tailed it over to the Honda shop to have the front tire replaced......just in case.  While we were waiting for the tire to be replaced, I remember meeting Israel.  Now Israel was a local Colorado Springs Harley guy that just liked hanging out at the Honda shop (personally, I think he's a "closet" Honda biker; he just doesn't know it yet).  We became fast friends and exchanged email addresses and have kept up with each other ever since.

Each year when we come to Manitou Springs, we hook up with our friend Israel for lunch or dinner; and today was that day!  And how lucky for us that today was also his BIRTHDAY.  We celebrated over Mexican food and terrific conversation and then a little hanging out at the RV just before the afternoon storms rolled in over the mountains.

It's interesting traveling like we do..........we meet the nicest, kindest people along the way, each with their own story....who now are permanently incorporated into our lives.  I just love that.......

So, Happy Birthday, My Dear Friend Israel......May there be many many more and may our friendship continue for years to come.

Be sure and check out the video we just uploaded onto YouTube of our trip down Pikes Peak last week......Hope you're not afraid of the edge........


http://youtu.be/Y9dMrunVCp8

7 comments:

Kathy said...

AWESOME!! Happy Birthday to Israel!!!! Great photos….and great video. I did get a little woozy J Great job on that video editing. I loved the music. I had my video camera stolen, so I can’t do those anymore. Sleep tight!! Kathy

Israel said...

Thanks Liz/Chuck, that was great hope to visit later.

Israel

Lulu Mae said...

WOW AN AWESOME RIDE BUT THOSE CURVES AN DROPS OFFS make me feel ill.. I could NOT do that ride with u. I am so happy u get to do this together an share it with us, that will never have that ride.. or rides u take what an amazing wonderful life u have..God Bless Love u Lulu

Ant Ellie said...

75 degrees and snowbanks??? what a wild ride....they only had very limited rails to keep
people from going over the edge and they looked like they did not start soon enough or last
long enough to make one "comfortable".....but what a view and those hair pin curves...hopefully
they don't let 18 wheelers up there....would your motorhome make it around those curves?
Breathtaking! Thanks for sharing. Love to you both, ant ellie
stay safe!

Margie Champlin said...

Well Done!

I got a little worried watching the cars coming toward you get a little close to to the yellow line!!!!
Margie

The Casey's said...

Dear Liz and Chuck,

What a happy day. I feel like I ‘sort of’ know Isreal. Beautiful trip down from the Peak. Keep writing to all of us. Love, The Caseys

Jug and Donna said...

Love the video.....wish we were there.