Saturday, July 2, 2011

Our RV Trip to Heaven......

Saturday, July 2, 2011


A few weeks before we leave on a big RV trip, I start getting butterflies; excitement mixed with a little worry.....little thoughts of all the things that could go wrong along the way.  I've also noticed that when our every day life is getting super tough; the struggles and worries; strained relationships are almost too much to bare, that that is when I enjoy going on these trips the most; and I worry less about all the things that can go wrong and more about the "escape" and "joy" ahead of me.  

It just dawned on me that this is just how we view our upcoming trip to Heaven.  If we are happy, content, enjoying life to its fullest and loving it here on this earth, we tend to not be as eager on planning that trip to Heaven.  Why would we?  Everything is going perfectly and our lives are just as we had imagined they would be.  

I can remember back many years ago, right after Chuck and I got married, I was the happiest I had ever been.  Everything was perfect; my husband was perfect; my house was perfect; my job was perfect......my life was perfect.  There were no strained relationships taking up room in my heart and my family ties were stronger than ever.  I can remember thinking, "I sure hope Christ doesn't come back just yet.......life is so good right now."  

I cringe when I think about those thoughts now.  I think about just how sad that must have made my Lord.  It was like He had given me a huge birthday present (my life at the time) and, although I loved it more than any other gift I had been given, I wasn't interested in seeing Him personally to thank Him for that gift. I was content to just call Him up on the phone (prayer) and say "Hey, thanks for the great life You gave me.....I love it!  BTW, you're not headed my way anytime soon, are you? We're kinda busy right now."  Breaks my heart to think how sad that must have made Him.  

But back to the RV trip.......the best, VERY best trips we have taken have been when we were exhausted from our everyday life and relationships...when we just wanted to "get away" from the struggles of this life and escape to new scenery and beauty....the mountains, the beach, bliss.....

So as we prepare for our last big trip, I just wanted you to know how grateful I am to God for giving us these struggles and exhaustion......to remind us there is something far better than this earthly home and life waiting for us.  Something we can look forward to.......

Don't just "face" the future....."FAITH" the future. 




16 comments:

Ellen said...

Good advice for all of us. You and Chuck have a blast and do this one up BIG! Love you both!

Jackie said...

Liz,
When I started reading your blog this morning, I was so touched by your love for the Lord....again....I ask the Lord to forgive me for not looking forward as I should for His return. The prarable of the 10 Virgins came to mind...I have always considered myself in the group of 5 that were totally prepared...but I see, through the most gentle understanding from the Holy Spirit...your "blog thoughts"... that I really have been in the other group....with His help I'm getting in the right group.

You have too much to do for me to go on and on....will keep in touch. love j

Mary said...

that was so beautifully said, I loved it,living daily for the Lord is so rewarding and your words were so encourageing thank you, and I cant wait till he returns!!

Debbie said...

Sometimes (actually most of the time), you amaze me. Once again you've pointed my eyes up, lifted my heart, and stirred my soul.  Although all our journeys are different our destination is the same I am blessed to beyond measure to be sharing our journey together. I love you sissie.

Jeanette said...

How very inspiring, this Blog is...... and how true. It is something to think about.

Margie said...

Onward & Upward Girl!!!!! 

Lynette said...

Thanks Liz.  Excellent thoughts.  Enjoy your trip!

Lulu said...

thanks for sharing. u make my days ...."

Mary Thompson said...

read your blog for the first time .. really good!!! how do I become a fan :)"

Chuck Biggs said...

Loved your blog today. Chuck

Mary said...

"Absolutely !! I truly believe Francis Chan is anointed with the Holy Spirit .. And yes I can handle daily emails from you !!! I'm excited !!!"

Israel said...

Talking about "Faith"....Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen Heb. 11:1
But without faith it's impossible to please Him: for he that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. Heb 11:6 See you soon. God Bless!!

Israel

Lulu said...

"Id like to b on ur email list I only get em when show up on FB"

Sharon Sehon said...

what a wonderful message you have, and the talent to share it with others!

I hope you and Chuck have a wonderful and safe trip. We sure will miss you two!

And let me know if Bob and I can do anything while you are gone....I haven't forgotten about sending you all the Alco circulars!!

love,
ss

Lois said...

What a beautiful blog! My love to both of you.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid John 14:27

Mary Lee & Tom said...

You just witnessed so beautifully for the Lord. Have a wonderful trip. I know the Lord is traveling with you.
Mary Lee