Tuesday, August 2, 2011

DAY 30: Life Is Good Again.....

DAY 30:  Steamboat Springs thru Rabbit Ears Pass to Kremmling to Granby to Walden and back down to Steamboat Springs - 200 miles
TEMP:  63 to 77 Degrees


Today was ROAD TRIP  day on the motorcycle through the countryside around Steamboat Springs!
Driving and photographing......this is what I get!
I have found it works best if I don't tell Chuck just how far it is from Point A to Point B when we're doing a day ride on the motorcyle.......he tends to concentrate too much on how long the ride might be.  That's the difference between he and I; he has a defined "time limit" that he prefers to ride and I have NO "time limit" on riding.  I could ride all day......

But with Chuck, I have found what works best is to "dangle" a coffee stop in his future.  Like today; I just told him when we left Steamboat Springs, we'd stop for a great big cup of coffee in Granby.  He was as happy as a hippo....didn't even ask how far that was.....but when I saw the sign up ahead telling exactly how far Granby was, I realized it was time to "divert" his attention to the other side of the road, which I did with success......"Hey Chuck, LOOK at that (pointing frantically to the bushes on the other side of the road)!!!  Worked like a charm.......


He was still focused on that cup of coffee when we ran into some road construction.  MAJOR road construction......like "turn-your-engine-off" type of road construction.  Ya, we sat there for a good 15-20 minutes....BUT....

I got some great pictures of our feet.......

our reflection in the mirror....... 

the traffic behind us........ 

and the construction cone, all while we sat there; I even got caught up on my emails!!  

So, all in all, today was a pretty fun day!  Liz got to enjoy the scenery and Chuck got his cup of coffee....eventually.


Life is Good Again.........
P.S.  I would like to apologize to my sister for texting her all my construction sign and cone pictures while I was bored.......Hope you weren't in the middle of a business meeting or something....


4 comments:

Denise Kohler said...

Way to go with being positive today, you get an A + with being positive with awful road construction, ha !!!

Judy Boyles said...

I am glad you had fun again. FYI – I pick a good pic you send me and post on my computer wall, each day. (I am traveling with you.) J

Thanks,

Judy Boyles

Nyla said...

Your ride brings back many memories. Les and family lived in Kremmling for quite a few years, and we did all the side trips you mention. Glad you are able to enjoy it all. Love you. Nyla

Ant ellie said...

This just goes to show that you can entertain yourself wherever! and with ingenuity!
I love you both lots and lots.
ant ellie