Thursday, August 11, 2011

DAY 39: "I Have A Secret"......

DAY 39:  Vernal, Utah
TEMP:  91 Degrees / Low 55 Degrees


We had planned on taking you guys on a fabulous ride on the trike today, but unfortunately, when giving the motorhome a bath yesterday, we noticed a front tire was a little loose and we needed to get that tightened instead.  Chuck seemed to think it was important our front tire didn't fall off while driving.....go figure.....

So, I thought what better time than now to get a manicure and pedicure?

Now, there's a secret I'm going to share with you about myself......something only a few people know......something I like to pull out when I want to be the life of the party.......this will either gross you out or you will think its the coolest thing since Velcro......
I have web toes.


Yes, its true.  I don't get a lot of pedicures cause it usually freaks the little Vietnamese ladies out and they start speaking in tongues......Can you see how Phuong is staring at my toes??  It really blew her mind trying to figure out how to get the little plastic spacers on them.....

(I'd also like to point out the sandle-tan-lines on my feet.....pretty cool, huh?!)

Anyway, that's my big secret.  Hope your not disappointed and hope your not grossed out.....I'll be happy to come to any really GREAT parties you might be throwing as the entertainment, though......

I promise a better Blog tomorrow..........

14 comments:

Skip said...

That's no secret, I remember those toes from back at VGA. I always thought they were sexy toes!

Melanie Wills said...

Very special lady!

Robert Jordan said...

My Dad has web toes.. I just always thought he was special.. So I guess your are too now....

David Pierce said...

that isn't a secret! I knew that. Yall be safe and have a great vacation.

Kathy said...

Liz,
You are such a hoot. How did you get web toes? I have another friend who had her little toes sewn to the 4th toes because she kept hitting them on things and they’d get dislocated. She hated us teasing her about being a duck….but I always thought it was cool. Of course she didn’t have the extra cute tan line from her thongs, so she wasn’t as anxious to show off her feet! So THAT’s what those little ladies from Vietnam are doing….speaking in tongues!! Awrighty then. Now I know!! J

I really look forward to your blogs and now I’ve decided you can’t ever come home. I’m addicted to Colorado!
Hugs,
Kathy

Judy Boyles said...

I was not grossed out. I wouldn’t have noticed if you hadn’t pointed out. I confess I have never seen webbed toes before and actually imagined it to look worse, kinda like ducks feet, I guess. J

Hope you are still enjoying your vacation. We didn’t break the heat wave record after all. Yesterday the temp didn’t get out of 90’s all day (I think today would have been the tie day). We still do need rain, very badly though.

Judy Boyles

Ant Ellie said...

Your dad has the same web toes...right?
Did any of your siblings get this...like Debbie or James? I don't know if it came from the Kinder or Calloway side of the family....would be interesting to find out. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around a low temp of 55 degrees and a high of 91.......we have a high of 92 and 81 is as low as it goes without rain! Take care and get that wheel fixed......no accidents!
I love you both lots and lots.
ant ellie

Lulu said...

thanks for sharing.. i bet that really bothers u an it should not...... u r beautifully an wonderfully made.. i got pedicure manicures yesterday also.. met one of my new nabors there neve met b4.. i have flat feet an varicose veins and I dont care.. love u

Kathy said...

Well shame on your brother! J I’m glad he never succeeded. I see humor runs in your family…and webbed toes. Well I think your toes are cute and that you have your very own special little ‘feature’ that makes you YOU. J

I will for sure go see LizBay and that sounds like a great idea. You are so clever. I do have some furniture left…good stuff. The garage sale went well. We nearly burned up, but people don’t care if it’s hot when they’ve got money burning a hole in their pockets! I made enough not to have to withdraw $$ from my savings this month…also sold 2 pieces of furniture from the Dallas house that I didn’t even have to bring here to sell! God really blessed me there. I am learning to trust Him….even without reading a penny first (see my other e-mail).

Now if we can just talk HIM into RAIN!!!! I don’t understand this drought. The heat is bad enough, but without rain EVERYTHING is scorched. Depresses me. Wahhhhh! I wanna go live in the rain forest! Let’s see…..drought vs. bugs & snakes….hmmmm. Maybe not.

Looking forward to November…………
Love,
Kathy

Cindy said...

Me too!!
~Cindy

Cynthia said...

How cute your Blog was today.. I have you to know I have a dughter with 2 web toes that looks just like yours.. do you suppose we are kinfolk.. ????? how funny.. AND one of Teresa's boys (My grandson) has 2 web toes.. so you see you are not strange after all.. :) does that not make you feel better.?

SAndee & Larry said...

Liz, I’ll bet you’re a great swimmer :)) Sandee

Skip said...

Of course I remember that and you're welcome!

Sherrie said...

Well, if you start driving now, you might make it back in time for my retirement party, then I will let you show your toes off.

Sherrie C. Wilson