Friday, August 12, 2011

DAY 40: Suburb of Heaven.....

DAY 40:  Flaming Gorge, Utah
TEMP:  91 Degrees / 55 Low


Guys, we visited the "suburbs" of Heaven today.....

WOW.......we visited the western side of the Flaming Gorge today and, upon the recommendation of our campground host, we took a surprisingly hidden road called Sheep Creek Geological Loop.


Part paved, part NOT......we saw massive rock structures, forests, a mountain goat we're bringing home with us and incredible beauty.


But before we actually got to this hidden jewel, we topped a hill and WHALAA......this is what we saw!!  I couldn't decide whether to slam on the brakes first or start clicking the camera first......I was in awe over this portion of the Flaming Gorge and just couldn't stop saying "Wow.....wow......wow......wow....."

Chuck  just finally told me to shut up....

I have a zillion pictures of this exact same view but from 49 different angles.......You can't imagine how long it took me to pick this picture......its not because its necessarily the "best", but rather it won the innnie-minnie-mighty-moe contest....

After we finished making friends with the mountain goat that I had affectionally named Eddie, we headed to the nearby town of Manila, Utah for a bite to eat.  We learned they eat something called Fry-Sauce that replaces my favorite addiction; ketchup.

It's a combination of mayonnaise and ketchup and I don't like it.

I tried it.....but I don't like it.

And this is what happens when I turn the camera over to Chuck......

Yep, that's his chin......


6 comments:

Lulu said...

SOUNDS LIKE SECRET SAUCE SOME ONE USE PUT ON HAMBURGERS DONT REMEMBER WHO BUT i AM MUSTARD PERSON MYSELF.. I wont eat mayo on anything in restuarant ive seen it setting out all day tooo many times.... scenes u show are awesome.. what a wonderful world we live in.. I am now privileged to see thru ur eyes at least.. THANK U

Israel said...

Beautiful pics Liz, thanks!!

Israel

Ant Ellie said...

The blue lake in the midst of those mountains and green hills....the wildflowers....and the goat.......what beautiful country. But how does 91 go down to 55 at night??? must be the elevation!! Florida is just too flat.
Ya'll have fun and stay safe.
I love you both.
ant ellie

Glenda Anderson said...

And now you know why my brother went to the University of Utah in SLC to study for his PhD. in 1974......and he has never come 'home', except to visit! He loves all the outdoors of Utah, winter and summer. He loves the southern end of the state too...Canyonlands, Zion NP, Moab. He just really loves the 'outdoors' of Utah (and Idaho,too!!). He says that is why he works so hard 'indoors', so he can get 'outdoors'!!!

Kathy said...

I was at Liz’ house last night for dinner with friends. Were your ears burning? She really was bragging on you and on your blogs!! I chimed in as well. You are famous now J

Hugs,
Kathy

Jeanette said...

the goat is saying " why are you taking my picture?" lol