Tuesday, August 23, 2011

DAY 51: Murphy and Molly

DAY 51:  Cheyenne, Wyoming
TEMP:  Hi 92 / Low ???


As you can see, WE MOVED!  It was simply too hot to stay put in Thermapolis, so we're headed back to Colorado......where the temperatures are coooool.....the mountains are BIG and the earthquakes are MILD........

We said good-bye to our new friends, Lee, Rabbit and their dog, Skidboots, who headed north to their home in Cody and we headed south....through some of the most desolate land we've ever seen.  Did you know there are only about 500,000 people in the ENTIRE state of Wyoming??

And even with the boring scenery, today was a good day; nothing broke down, hit us, or fell off the motorhome.........ahhh....life is gooooood........



So thought I'd take this opportunity to introduce you to the newest member of our family.

This is Molly.......We are so blessed to be the "slaves" of this little munchkin who is a Yorkie just like Murphy.  She is traveling around the country with us, keeping Murphy company and annoying Kruger the 1-Claw Cat every chance she gets.
.
She is such a little Cutie-Patooty!   Murphy has always been such a "Brute-Boy"; walking like a cowboy with his short little bow-legged legs and big gut.....but Molly....she is petite, dainty......delicate......

Today while traveling to Cheyenne, Molly, for the first time, chose my lap to sleep in while on the road.   Unfortunately, this was Murphy's spot.....it has ALWAYS been Murphy's spot.  As Murphy was desperately trying to figure out what to do about this, he opted to pace back and forth with his Mr. Bill doll while he pondered his next move.

He and Mr. Bill talked it over and eventually gave up, took over his Dad's seat and proceeded to give Molly and I his "dagger" eye look the rest of the way here.




"Like many other much loved humans, they believed they owned their dogs instead of realizing that their dogs owned them"
                              ~Unknown~







4 comments:

Kathy said...

M & M are a perfect couple….just like you and Chuck!! Precious.

Israel said...

Heading South, good decision!!! .....and yes, Molly is a good looking girl Murphy must be a happy camper to have her around.


Israel

Ant Ellie said...

My SkipBo friend has a little dog that is so cute. wiggles all over and is so happy to see me. I have
thought about sneaking her out in my big purse when I leave, especially after I get my socks beat
off at Skipbo....but then my conscience gets the last say. I don't know what I would do with a little
dog on the long days when I work.....poor thing. But if I ever quit work, which will do as soon as I
get my cabin and travel trailer.....will get a dog for sure. My friend Mary, with the dog, states it has been
super for her because she gets more exercise just letting it in and out the back door and taking it for a
walk...she grumbles and gripes but she really is attached to that dog. Molly is cute and she looks
like a little girl dog next to Murphy. Even though there may be jealousy now, later on, they will probably be the closest of best friends. With your soft hearts, I am surprised you do not have an ark on wheels... two of each kind!
Love to you both and to Murphy, Molly and Kruger.
ant ellile

Ellen said...

She is a cutie! Where are her ears?