Thursday, August 25, 2011

DAY 53: "Babbling Brooks and Whispering Pines..."

DAY 53:  Mt. Evans, Colorado
TEMP:  High: 76 Low: 55

"If God had wanted to be a big secret, 
He would not have created babbling brooks and whispering pines."  
~Robert Brault




And babbling brooks and whispering pines we experienced today!

We rode to the top of Mt. Evans today.....the highest paved road in the US.......and a mountain that can be seen for over 100 miles in each direction.  Imagine that, my friends from East Texas or Oklahoma or Ft. Worth.....Imagine being able to see a mountain located in Dallas from your front yard.  Crazy cool, huh??!!

Maybe its just where I am right now in my spiritual walk, or maybe its truly a magical place, I don't know......but I cannot help when I'm driving through the forests, then above the tree line.....and then passing through the snow lined road.....and seeing the bighorn sheep grazing on the side of the road as if we didn't exist....and the deer gawking at us as if  they  were the hunters......to realize that God actually "spoke" each of these things into existence.   That's simply mind-boggling to me......

Today the beauty was magnificant....which isn't even a proper word to describe it.  We passed Echo Lake, which was like a mirror  to the mountains surrounding it; we saw mountain goats grazing within a few feet of us looking as tame as Murphy and Molly (well, actually "tamer" than Murphy and Molly!) as well as mule deer and marmots (a rodent similar to a beaver but without the tail).  

We both felt the presence of God today.......

But we also felt hail, rain, wind and sleet while heading down this gorgeous mountain.......just like we ALL feel in our every day lives......

And we've been rockin' back and forth all evening from the ferocious hurricane-force winds hitting the side of the RV as we're perched on the edge of this mountaintop.......all six of us lumped in the bed together (Chuck and I, Murphy, Molly, Kruger the 1-Claw Cat and Mr. Bill....Murphy's little security blanket doll) safe from the outside storm; safe in our Father's arms.







"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: 
not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."
C.S. Lewis



13 comments:

Denise Kohler said...

Amen !! Loved this one !
D

Israel said...

Words of wisdom from God's children....amen!!!

Israel

Anonymous said...

You have just done your first "fourteener"!

Kathy said...

Breathtaking, Liz. What a day…….peace in the midst of a hurricane-strength storm while sitting on the edge of a mountain is evidence as well that God exists!! Thank you again for sharing the beauty. I love that you’re enjoying your lives (and each other) in such a beautiful way. By the way,
I could live in your motor home for the rest of my life! J
Kathy

Regina said...

AMEN SISTER!!

Cynthia said...

I just read your blog.. how beautiful.. I think I could have taken that trip by the way you talked.. I hope you are all safe today...

Leo said...

Sounds like a place where we would like to be. :-)

Lulu said...

AWWWEEEE AWESOME u really touched my heart today.. The LOVE of God is all around us every day every where but it truly speaks louder in some places.. thanks for sharing.. I am so glad God means that much to u 2...... LOVE

Wanda said...

Forget the babbles and whispers just focus on that perfect couple. God bless you 2. Why can't all marriages be like yours.

Angie said...

Whoa...........that is so awesome !!! How wonderful for you life. My cousin in Houston, her & her husband. Take their RV out like you guys and go for months at a time. That is what life is all about.

Sandee & Larry said...

Dear Liz and Chuck,

Just wanted you both (errrr all 5 of you) to know how much I am enjoying your blogs. Outstanding photos and such wonderful, uplifting messages. I envy you snuggled in bed with the wind blowing and having the temperature below 102. Though we did get a brief but violent storm on Wednesday. It was magnificent!

Miss you, but feel like we are together nonetheless.

Our love,

Sandee & Larry

Sherrie said...

Geez! I love it! So cute, so homey, so inspiring. Do you really know how blessed and highly favored you are? Thank you for reminding me to stop and be in the moment. Love you.

Miriam said...

Hello Liz! I got on your blog this evening and I really enjoyed your writing. I plan on following your posts. Blessings!"