Wednesday, September 7, 2011

DAY 65: Goodbye Manitou Springs......I Will Never Forget You.....

DAY 65:  Moved from Manitou Springs to Central City, Colorado
TEMP:  High 56 / Low 46




Old Friends are gold...... 
New Friends are diamonds...... 
If you get a diamond, don't forget the gold....
Because to hold a diamond, 
You always need a base of gold. 


I just love the saying above......I have been blessed with good friends.....wonderful girlfriends that I know have my back; that love me unconditionally; that would be on my doorstep at a moments notice if I needed them to be......that are pure GOLD to me....


Today was a hard day for me.......

Hard, because we left our friends Marge, Chris, Mary Jo, Kerry, Tom and Israel that we have grown to love very much.  I think what made leaving them and this beautiful place at the base of Pikes Peak called Manitou Springs the hardest, was the uncertainty of whether we would ever be able to return to it or see them again.  

It's always been hard for me to leave this place every year when it was time to return home, but this time, its different.  Chuck's health is not getting better; it is getting more and more difficult for him to manage the steps up into the motorhome, so we have made the incredibly tough decision to put the motorhome up for sale when we return home from this trip.  Traveling is getting harder for him; not easier.  We always knew this day would come; that's why we started traveling in the first place 4 years ago......we knew we needed to do this while he still could and I am so thankful we did......


And here we are; nearing the end of that journey....and what a wonderful journey it has been.  Words cannot express the blessing we have been given to experience what we have; to meet the people we have met.......the Lord has dropped people in our laps everwhere we have been that have either encouraged us, loved us, irritated us, made us laugh or strengthened us throughout this voyage......the gratitude I feel is impossible to convey on paper..........

But these dear people above have been such good friends to Chuck and I......greeting us each year with arms wide open, 

......helping Chuck get around, 

....forgiving us when we ran over stuff, 

.....and  just letting us know they were near if we needed them.  These are good people......and I know from experience you don't find people like this everywhere you go.  

I am eternally grateful to them for their love, kindness, warmth, big-heartedness and friendship.  I pray, I PRAY FERVENTLY that we will one day be back here in this little slice of Heaven on Earth to once again feel their arms around us.

But for today....with tears running down my cheeks and a pain in my gut......We have to say good-bye to Manitou and our friends.  

Thank you for being so good to us......




9 comments:

Nyla said...

You have beautful friends because you are beautiful people! I pray for you both and love you! Nyla

Liz Hurt said...

Does it help that I'm crying, too?

Kathy said...

Beautifully written…and heartfelt. I am very grateful for you and Chuck in my life. Be safe…miracles do happen.
Love you, friend.
Kathy

Brenda said...

Love you guys.

Brenda

Lulu said...

U make me cry life has its shortcomings fer sure. as we grow older we find there is less our bodies an minds can endure.. SAD.. Pray u will meet ALL ur friends along ur travels in HEAVEN a much better place.. for us all Chuck will feel great there.. U wont have do all driving. an fear the bears.. they will lie down with the lions.

i pray ur home is safe from all wild fires that are burning up Tx.. take care Much Love to u both an may angels go with u an have safe journey home.

Israel said...

Liz/Chuck, at this very moment I feel emotional and reasonably so because of what I feel for both of you.....it's called "love" God has given to us such feelings to express something more than just friendship......Lord, thou has been our dwelling place in all generations. Before the mountain were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. Ps. 90:1,2 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thine ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy path. Prov. 3:5.....and as you travel home, be blessed. Give Chuck a bear hug for me!!

Israel

Denise Kohler said...

Thanks a lot Liz !!!!!!!!!!!! lYou made me teary eyed too !!! This is so sad. I do hope Chuck will somehow get better or at least not get worse. You are such a sweet heart and he's so lucky to have you to take such good care of him. Love ya,
Denise

Kathy said...

I’m so sad for you having to come back home and for the last time. I’m sorry you are going to have to sell your RV as well. Too bad there isn’t a wheel chair ramp with those things. You’d think they’d have to be OSHA approved! I’m sad for Chuck. I know he’s hating this disease. We will talk soon. You be safe driving and keep your ‘dobber’ up. There are some bright days ahead too!

Marge said...

I cried like a baby (again)....
Tell Chuck we will come visit you guys! Maybe next Spring