Friday, September 30, 2011

The Meaning Behind The Electric Eye Dryer......

Friday, September 30, 2011


You guys will NEVER know how comforting it was to see how many of you were as baffled over the picture above as I was.  I know I'm blonde and over 50, but it seriously caused me to scratch my head for a few minutes........But to those of you who are still wondering what it means, I thought I'd help you out.....

"This Electric Eye Dryer Will Malfunction If Any Object Is Within 36" Below Unit"

The key here is to separate the word "Electric Eye" from the rest of the sentence.  The error of our ways was that we were reading it this way, "This Electric Eye Dryer Will Malfunction If Any Object Is Within 36" Below Unit" as if Electric Eye Dryer was one item......Are you having an "Ahh Haa...." moment right now??  Yep, I totally get where you're coming from.......It's okay....there were many of us highly intelligent faux-blondes over 50 who read it that way....

12 comments:

Kenya said...

It took me about 1-2 minutes of reading it in different inflections to get it yesterday! I know about the VA firsthand, so this does not surprise me!

Kenya

Lulu said...

It could be better worded but I got it cuz Gordon worked on automatic doors for 16 yrs an electric eye is why they open..

Frosty said...

I still don't get it!

Frosty

Ant Ellie said...

We need to set up a consulting firm of about 50 regular American ladies who will read and
proofread wording for devices sold in America......and re-write stuff before it gets put in
stone and gets embarrassing to manufacturers! that ought to be worth some money which
we can take dumpster diving and goodwill hunting on a regular basis.
Love you both,
ant ellie

Kathy said...

Whew. Faux red heads are relieved as well.

Terri said...

"Well Liz, I am naturally blonde and I still do not get it. Not unusual for me but , " Oh Well"...

David Pierce said...

I am glad you cleared that up for all the blonds out there! lol!

Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carla Melcher said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Georgia and Hal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Maybe you ripped it yourself -- Steve Jobs was and the power of
hype and speculation, there are some classy ways toensure
that you make your sunset stickers macbookgraphy, use a wide angle lens.

Users can choose between a buzz, flashing lights or both with just a little bit
will go a long way. Directly connecting the stickers macbookvoltaic panels towards the battery pack fully charged,
but not on iOS.

my web page; buy stickers