Monday, November 28, 2011

Funerals and Birthdays......So Cool

Monday, November 28, 2011



Is it wrong of me to say I went to a "cool" funeral today?

I'm kinda torn on whether its disrespectful or downright awesome to say this........but I'm going to take my chances that I didn't offend anyone by enjoying the fact that this sweet elderly man, whom I've never met, lived an incredible life, with an incredible family, with an incredible sense of humor.   He lived a good life; a full life and like his nephew, who gave his eulogy said,  "We're not sad, cause we know exactly where he is right now".........and then they ended his funeral with everyone singing his favorite song........"Your Cheatin' Heart".........So cool......

Coooool.......just like my friend Nyla who is having a BIRTHDAY today!  Bear with me for a moment, folks, but I just need to let Nyla know how special she is......not just to me, but to  EVERYONE  who knows her.

Nyla, I know you have had a challenging last few years, very challenging; but I know Vern would be so very proud of how you have overcome these challenges, all the while managing to keep that incredible gorgeous smile of yours on your face.  You brighten all of our days!!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Liz, I just read your blog. Very special . Nyla will love it!!! Thank you dear friend!

Love & Hugs, Becky

SHaron & Bob said...

Liz,

Can’t express what it meant to me to see you and Becky at the funeral – wonderful friends!

Thank you for this also. I’ll have to tell you the story around “your cheatin heart” song (you KNEW there had to be a story, didn’t you!?)

Love,
ss